Chapter 17

Chapter 17

5:30 A.M

Today was the second day of training, and students were woken up at such an ungodly hour that even Aoyama looked like a wreck. You huffed, shuffling beside Izuku who's head lolled on top your shoulder. You leaned your head atop his as well.

"...Mornin...(Y/N)-chan..." Izuku yawned, blinking slowly.

"....Good morning..." You gave him a slightly hard pat on the back, knocking the drowsiness our of his body.

"Today is the day your guys' real training begins." Aizawa announces. "Ideally, you will all emerge stronger, strong enough to acquire your provisional licenses." Right, the whole reason why you were here in the first place was to strengthen yourselves for the upcoming was exams. It seemed you were never given a break, but that's part of the journey to becoming a hero you supposed.

"To start...Here, Bakugo." Aizawa tossed the said boy a familiar base ball. "Try throwing this. Last time, right after school started, your record was... 705.2 meters. How much have you grown since then?" As soon as the question was seeded into everyone's brains, the tiredness from earlier seemed to vanish.

Bakugo began to prep his swing, ready to launch the ball.

"Throw that sucker Bakugo!" Sero cheered.

"I bet he can make a whole kilometre!" Mina giddily spoke up.

"I bet he's going yell something profound and unnecessary." Todoroki whispered from your right, making you snicker.

"GO TO HELL!" And with a blast the ball was sent flying. A few seconds passed before a beeping was heard from Aizawa's phone.

"709.6 meters?!" The entire class practically screamed.

"Not much farther from before...." A murmur broke through out the group, only to be silenced by both Aizawa and Bakugo's death glare.

"Yes, you have been through a lot these past 3 months. Undoubtedly you've all grown. But it's only your techniques and mind that have grown...And your bodies, but only by a bit. But, as you've all seen, your quirks haven't kept up with the pace." Aizawa's awkward and uneasy smile slowly began to grow on his face as he continued talking. "Starting today, you'll improve your quirks...Do your best, but most importantly, stay alive."

"5%...SMASH!" Izuku aimed a fist your way and you narrowly dodged it. You jumped back, gaining some space. Izuku kept up with you, activating and deactivating his quirk every now and then whenever preforming an attack. You were constantly on the defensive, not once did he allow you to attack or even present an opening. And if he did, you weren'r quick enough to react. "Hyah!"

"Argh!" You attempted to block but his punch was strong, enough to send you flying into a tree. You flopped onto the floor, coughing.

"Wah! Sorry, I didn't mean to hit so hard! Are—" Izuku began to steadily make his way to you, concern written on his face. You waved him off, clearing your throat.

"No I'm fine...Please stop worrying in a middle of a fight... I'll tell you when I've had enough..." You heaved a sigh, your body was practically aching in pain, bruises littered your normally flawless skin.

"Hm? What's this? Showing weakness while fighting?" Tiger popped out of no where, tormenting Izuku. He made a gesture with his claw, taunting Izuku. "Come at me!" Izuku aimed a punch as quick as he could, but Tiger arched his back, causing Izuku to miss. "Not sharp enough!" Tiger sucker punched Izuku in the face, sending him flying next to you. "That's proof you guys haven't been ripping apart your muscles hard enough!"