Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Morning light seeped past the blinds and into the hospital room. You laid still on your bed despite hearing the others rustle around, ready to get up. It still hurt to move, out of the 3, you had the least amount of injuries, yet your condition was slightly more severe. You still couldn't believe what had happened in the past 24-ish hours. You could've died back then, when Stain stabbed you with your own staff. Yet you didn't, mainly because his first two targets were Native and Iida.

"Did you guys sleep well?" Todoroki's soft voice echoed across the room. Midoriya shook his head along with Iida. You let out a sigh.

"No."

"Same here." Silence fell over everyone once more. Iida felt remorse and regret, seeing his three classmates sitting in a hospital bed all because of his stupid actions. He glanced over to your body, you were the only one who wasn't sitting up. You didn't have much choice anyway, it hurt to bend your torso.

"After an ending like that..." Izuku breathed out, gaining everyones attention. "It really does feel like a miracle to be alive, huh?"

"Yeah, he obviously left us alive on purpose." Todoroki added on.

"To think about it, it's pretty impressive." You turned your head towards Iida. "All that murderous intent was aimed to you." You pressed your lips into a thin line in worry and concern. Iida sighed at your words.

"No...I—"

"So, you 4 are awake." An old man, Manual and your Father were standing outside the door.

"Gran Torino!"

"Manual-san!"

"Dad?"

Your Dad gave you a sympathetic look before the old man began to hobble forward. "You!" He pointed at Izuku. "I got a lot of complaints about you! But...Before we talk about it, you guys have a visitor." Your Dad stepped aside from the door and in came a dog. A man, with a dog head to be more exact. He wore a proper suit and was way taller than your Dad. He had the face of a Saint Germain, yet his tie had a Dalmatian print on it. You've recognized him before, your Dad often brought him over for lunch or dinner quiet a lot, he's the Police Chief.

"He is Tsurugame, Police Chief." Your Dad introduced him. Todoroki and Iida stood up in respect. You and Izuku tried to as well but was told to sit back down by the chief himself. In your opinion, he was a lot more scarier than All Might or Endeavour. Even with his cute doggy face, he's the Police Chief. He was the height of a door, if not bigger, and he was just as buff as Endeavour and All Might. He screamed Authority where ever he went.

"You can stay seated..." He made a noise at the end that sounded like a small yip. "You must be the students that were able to bring Stain down, correct?"

"Hai."

"Regarding the Hero Killer Stain, he's received major injuries. From burns to broken bones. He's in prison as we speak." He gave a small growl at the end. "Since you're U.A students, I'm sure you already know, that when superpowers were still becoming the norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards, and made sure Quirks were not used as weapons. And then, the profession of "Hero" emerged to fill that gap." He barked once more. It was hard to take him seriously when he acted like a dog at times, you almost wanted to leap off your bed and pet his head. "For an individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others—actions that normally would be appropriate to denounce— to be accepted officially is thanks to early heroes who followed the ethics and rules of the profession." A small yip.

"Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their Quirks without specific instruction from their guardians or supervisors is a clear violation of the rules." After hearing that your face became sour. What was he telling you? That a few broken rules to save a persons life was unacceptable? What kind of U.A student would you be, watching from the sidelines to see a peer die? A pretty shitty student in your opinion. "The three of you, the pro heroes, Endeavour, Manual and Gran Torino must receive strict punishment." Tsuragame turned to you. "The rules towards you, (Y/N), apply a little differently. Since there was no 'inappropriate quirk usage' on your part. But, as a student of U.A, a license for battle is still needed, just like a police would need a licence for his gun." He huffed gruffly before continuing. "You however, get a bit more breathing room in your punishment—"