Chapter 12

Chapter 12

(A/N: Underlined words are English)

At some point it was agreed to have a study session at your house. Kirshima and Bakugo were both in the living room, slaving away at the ungodly Math questions. Constant yelling and bickering can be heard from both of them, and the occasional slap of paper on Kirshima's mountain hair. You and Mina were having tea at the dinner table, you already covered English, Math and Hero History with her like a breeze. Now it was science, biology to be exact.

"There's certain genes that are in control of whether or not you'll develop a quirk." Mina took notes on what your were saying, nodding along.

"So the gene for you... Was turned off?"

"Exactly, despite having both of my parents having quirks, I didn't develop any. It's hidden. This is called gene regulation. That gene also connects to another that tells you whether or not you'll have another joint in your pinky toe." You took a quick sip of your tea. "They say there's some drugs out there that'll allow for that certain quirk gene to unlock and turn on, but never trust those. They most likely alter other DNA strands as well, causing unknown and harmful mutations. What's a mutation?" You glanced at Mina expectantly.

"The um...Deletion, insertion or rearrangement of a base or the gene as a whole!" Mina smiled proudly to which you nodded. 

"Correct. Now—"

"WRONG YOU FUCKING MORON!" Bakugo slammed a rolled up piece of paper on top or Kirishima's spiked hair. "IT'S NEGATIVE B, PLUS OR MINUS THE SQUARE ROOT OF B SQUARED MINUS FOUR MULTIPLIED BY A, C OVER 2 TIMES A! WERE YOU NOT LISTENING?!"

"Gah it's so long and hard to remember!" Kirishima wailed in dismay. "Can we take a break? All these numbers are messing with my brain."

"Wha—?! THIS IS THE FIRST FUCKING QUESTION!"

"But the first question has 10 parts!"

"Hey! Do you guys want some tea too?" Mina waved them over. Kirishima sighed in relief, standing up from his sitting position on the carpeted floor.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Hey! I'm not done with you!" Bakugo clambered up as well and began making his way towards your table. You began to pour the two boys some tea. "How far have you morons gotten?"

"Quiet far actually...I'm guessing one more session would be enough." You gave them their tea before looking down at your science text book. "Or we could finish by today."

"Really? We've already studied that much?" Mina took a glance at a wall clock behind her. "That's a lot for just 3 hours."

"You're a quick learner." You closed your book, glancing at the pinkette. "I'm surprised you even got this low of a grade, I'm sure if you studied on your own you would've been fine." Bakugo gritted his teeth in annoyance.

"Why do I get the stupid one..."

"Hey!" Kirishima looked at Bakugo offended. "I'm not that dumb..." You smirked, finding Bakugo's horrible tutoring skills amusing.

"Why don't I take Kirishima off your hands?"

"I don't need your fucking help! I'll make him understand everything in one fucking hour!" Bakugo chugged all the tea down his throat, not even bothered by how hot it was. Kirishima whimpered by your side.

"I don't think my hair can take any more beatings." Kirishima grumbled. You pitied Kirishima more than you did Bakugo of course.

"Oi, Mina, study with Bakugo—"