Chapter 6

Chapter 6

You were informed that you were all given two weeks to prepare for the upcoming sports festival. That was plentiful enough for you. Every morning you started out your jog before heading to school, and after school you'd often finish your homework before you trained with your Dad. It was rigorous and as days went on, it only became harder. Your Dad didn't hold back a bit, which was something you were grateful about. Just the simple fact he didn't see you as some quirk-less, but as an equal.

Today was a Saturday and your Dad was going to be busy, so that meant no training with him. You planned on buying some new runners, since your old ones were beaten to dust.

"Mom, I'm heading out." You shimmied your foot into your shoe before you awaited a reply.

"Where and for how long?" Mom peeked her head from around the corner of the living room. "Are you going with someone?"

"No, I'll be at the mall just to get some runners. Shouldn't take too long." You proceeded to head out but not before saying, "I might train a bit in the gym too."

"Alright, just be home before 7." You hummed in response before leaving.

You bussed your way to the train station. Once you arrived, you noticed a familiar tuft of red hair standing amongst the crowd. He seemed to notice you too.

"(Y/N)!" Kirishima waved over to you excitedly. You nodded in acknowledgement before going to stand by his side. "Where ya goin'?"

"The mall, I need new runners for the sports festival." He nodded looking down at your feet. "I'm not wearing runners right now."

"But you look like you're ready for the gym?" He took in your appearance, a grey hoodie over your sports bra, leggings and your odd choice of flats.

"Yes, but before the gym I need new sneakers." You decided to divert the question back to him. "Where are you going?"

"Actually, I'm headin' to the mall too. I need new earphones since I accidentally broke mine while training yesterday." He sighed in defeat, shuffling through his pockets before holding out some busted looking sports earphones. "Only the left ear works, but just barely." He stuffed them back into his jean pocket. "Hey, why don't we go together?" He smiled his usual bright smile. "I'll tag along with ya."

"Will you be training at the gym too then?" You had a backpack with you filled with necessities such as water and your usual staff, but this time it was wooden. You were planning to go to a special quirk training gym, since those gyms were more high-tech and much larger than normal ones.

"Yeah, I mean, I have my P.E clothing with me anyway, incase I wanted to go to train." He cocked his head at you. "Did you have a gym in mind?"

"Yeah, the one near Hosu, for quirks." You took out your phone before flipping it so that the backside showed to him. You kept a card inside your phone case. "I have a membership there so,"

"Neat!" He gave you a thumbs up before noticing the train you both needed came to a halt. You both bordered on and made your way to the mall. Kirishima talked a lot, but most of the conversation didn't really need for you to reply which wasn't bad, you didn't really feel like talking anyway. Most of what he talked about was the sports festival, which wasn't shocking. Everyone was talking about the upcoming sports festival and it made you even more excited.

"Gah, but I'm afraid no one will notice me." You looked at him questioningly as he gazed down at his calloused hands. "After all, my quirk ain't that flashy, so it'll be hard to recognize me when I'm in the same arena with Bakugo and Todoroki."

"Flashiness of a quirk doesn't really matter. As long as you use it well and you put yourself out there you should be fine." You placed a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Just show everyone what you can do and I'm sure they'll be amazed."