Chapter 14

Chapter 14

You opened your eyes. Unlike other times, the room was dimly lit. The only light that was provided were form the windows, and based on how much light came into the room you would guess that school has been long done.

The sun was setting, casting a orange hue across the room. You could hear a distant conversation from behind the walls, it sounded like a mixture of All Might's voice, Recovery Girl's and your Dad. Taking a glance around the room, there were 3 hospital beds. One was empty and the other was occupied by a familiar ash blonde male. Staring a little longer, you noticed he was awake, his shining, ruby red eyes stared dully at the ceiling above him. Slowly, he turned his head towards you as you sat up.

"...Good evening..." You mumbled lazily, looking down at your clothes. You no longer wore your hero costume, instead you had the normal hospital attire. Your abdomen was bandaged, which was good, and from across the room you could see your hero clothes folded neatly on a plastic chair. You took a better look at Bakugo, he was still in his hero costume.

"Tch...What're you staring at?" Bakugo's voice was softer than usual, probably because of exhaustion.

"...Nothing...Just your hero costume." You admitted truthfully before looking out the window. You would guess it was around 7 o'clock, meaning you've been asleep for roughly 7 hours. The exams were around 12 after all. You began to reflect a little, questioning your actions during the exam and what you could've done better. It sure would've helped if you weren't injured during from the Stain fight. Izuku's quirk has gotten a lot better too, you were barely able to keep up with both of them. Looking back, you were practically useless, and just the thought of it made you frown.

"...What's with that ugly ass face?" Bakugo sat up, glaring at your figure. To him, you looked like nothing but a shadowy silhouette with the sun shining behind you. It made it a little easier to talk to you. "Did we pass?"

"...Yeah." You remembered handcuffing All Might by his ankle. You nearly forgot that you even had that on you. Really, you were just glad that All Might practically forgot your presence the moment he turned away from you.

Was I that forgettable in battle?

You shook your head in disappointment.

"Why the hell are you making those Deku faces?..." Bakugo grumbled, crossing his arms. "It's annoying and it doesn't suit you." You slowly looked up at Bakugo, feeling a little empty after the battle, despite the win. The more you thought, the more your heart ached and your head pounded. Bakugo and Izuku would've been able to do this test themselves, what were you doing the entire exam? You were just fumbling around and being a background prop.

"Oi, I told you to stop making those faces." Bakugo spat. This time you turned away from him, opting to ignore his remarks. This made Bakugo tick. "Oh, so now that we're finished the exam we're back to the silent treatment?" You gave him a questioning look.

"What do you mean by that?" Bakugo scoffed.

"Don't act like you don't know shit...You've shrugged me off for years, the only reason you ever pay attention to me is because of shitty hair and jigglypuff—"

"Kirishima and Mina?"

"Don't interrupt!" Bakugo hissed. "You only listen to whatever I have to say if it includes Deku."

"Well yeah, normally whatever you say about him is shit talk." You pointed out through clenched teeth. "And I don't need to hear you spewing it around."

"What makes you cling onto Deku anyway?" Bakugo's voice raised little by little. "It's not like he's quirk-less anymore, why are you still staying next to that shit head?"