Chapter 24

"I made it out of that world and found a place in this world"

–Slim Shady

I turned the lights on realizing that the house wasn't empty. A bunch of people screamed "SURPRISE!" as they saw me. Balloons, pompoms, flowers were flying all over the place. The ceiling was covered with red balloons, tissue fringes, and colorful flags. And on the table was a huge cake. Everybody was whistling and clapping.

Shocked, I just stood there unable to move. Then Jordan st

epped out of the crowd and put a kiss on my lips. A brief kiss that made everyone scream even louder. I smiled a bit more self-aware and looked at the crowd behind him.

There were mom and Jason, Ed, Peter, Jordan's mother and two girls from my soccer team, they were the "closest" ones to me, and that is probably the reason they were invited. I also saw Jordan's two-band friends, for a second the image of them playing together got brought back to me and I was so afraid that one of them has seen me stalking them before. Luckily they both smiled at me.

It was extremely weird to me to see all these people in one room. They are basically everybody I know from different places. It's like seeing Arya Stark and Jesse from breaking bad at the same place.

Just bizarre.

A half-hour later, when all the chanting and eating was done I took mom to a private corner. 'Explain?' She put her drink on the table, 'you took the dress off,' she said a bit disappointed, but in a certain way as she was expecting it.

'I'm sorry mom. It's just not me.'

'This is your birthday party,' she answered sighing, 'I'm not mad.'

'How do you know J?' I said a bit after. 'How do you know all these people ...?'

'Stop annoying me, I'm also a guest. Go talk to your boyfriend,' she said pointing at Jordan. 'We are leaving

I looked at Jordan who was talking to his aunt. Our eyes met, and he came towards me. 'This is so fucking incredible,'I started. 'How did you even... and the decorations... Oh my god! I accepted lots of things...but this... how did you pull it off...?'

'What about just enjoying it?'

'Just tell me. When did you plan for all of this? We were together the whole time.'

He sighed. 'It's no big deal. I made a little party for you.. and gathered our friends and family since we are not going to see them for a long time.' He winked.

I looked around. Mom was chatting with my teacher, dad and Jordan's mom were having a great conversation too. The girls were taking some pictures and laughing with Jordan's friends. Also, Jason, Ed, and Peter were busy eating snacks. Everybody seemed to be having fun. Maybe I should chill out too.

'You are right,' I said finally, kissing him on the cheek. 'Thank you.'

I was still wondering how he reached my parents but I wasn't going to insist. I'll wait until the party is over.

Not Herजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें