CHAPTER 20

Was it just a dream?

I opened my eyes, everything was a blur, my head felt so heavy I couldn't move it. This room looks familiar but definitely not mine; I thought.

Distinct chatter and laughter were coming from downstairs. I tried to get up but a stronger hand kept me from moving.

'Keep resting baby,' Jordan said freaking the shit out of me.

He sat on the edge of his bed facing me. Fortunately, I was too weak to resist. He added a pillow behind my back so I can sit properly. 'Are you ok?!'

I wasn't ok, my head was hurting me so bad and I felt like throwing up, but a sudden thought freaked the hell out of me and kept me from feeling the pain.

'Where is my brother?' I asked trying to get up a second time. 'He is fine, relax. He is with Peter,' he put my head back on the pillow.

'I'm sorry you had to ...' I said before he interrupted me putting his index over my lip. 'Nobody touches my girl and gets away with it.'

Do you have to use that word??!

I smiled at him feeling somehow better, I was able to see clearly again. 'Is that you and I?' I asked looking at the large picture hanging on the wall.

'Yes, ice-cream day, remember?' he answered smiling as the memories of that fun day were brought back. 'Your highness spent an eternity deciding what flavor to take.'

'They all looked delicious I couldn't decide,' I protested. 'You got so bored you bought them all. What a gentleman.'

'You mean what an idiot. Everything melted all over our clothes and hands. We looked like four years old.'

We laughed at that remembering that crazy day we had three months ago when things weren't so complicated.

I looked at the other pictures as the heavy silence land on the room. He didn't, he was looking at me. I turned my eyes into him now, looking straight in his gaze.

He leaned in hesitation towards me. I closed my eyes in approval and surrendered to his kiss.

I only knew how much I missed his lips when I tasted them again. His breath against mine reminded me of all the kisses we shared. Even the ones that brought painful memories, but not one of them was strong enough to make either of us stop, no matter how bad it was.

'Don't leave me again,' he said pulling off for a second. He looked straight into my eyes. 'I'm too fucked up without you.'

'I won't,' I said catching my breath not really paying attention to that promise I just made.

'We need to go, Jason'. He and Peter were playing some video game, like old friends. Thank god mom and dad won't be home soon or we would have been in big trouble.

'You can have dinner with us,' said a tall brunette coming out of the kitchen. 'I'm Jordan's mother.'

'Laura. Nice to meet you,' I said shaking her hand. She looked happy and healthy. Apparently, she stopped using drugs after divorce.

'So you're the famous Laura,' she said winking at Jordan.

'Mom. Stop it,' he complained. 'This is not her. I told you my girlfriend is beautiful.'

'You little...,' I laughed punching his arm. His mother gave us happy eyes.

'My parents are going to be worried, ma'am, maybe next time.'

'I can call them if you want to,' begged Jason.

'No Jason, we have to go,' I answered, eyes screaming at him.