CHAPTER 2

It's almost September, the first semester is starting in two days. The new school year means new classmates, a new soccer team, new teachers, and the worst new horny savage teenagers also known as bullies.

I know for a fact that bullies are just a bunch of insecure people doing their best ruining other people's lives so they can feel better about themselves. But I can’t help but be extremely annoyed by their existence. Especially that I suffered myself because of them.

Luckily, this is 2019 there is not many girls o girls drama or sneaky cheerleading competitions. And not all football players are assholes. This is a real high school, not some 90’s movie. Things have changed. But of course, there still is that one group of very rich girls that date fuck boys, act like they own the school and are obviously the queens of Instagram. They take hundreds of pictures per day and act plastic as fuck. But people like them exist everywhere not necessarily in high schools.

This is my last year here, I'm focusing on my grades and my soccer-playing only. I have no room for drama and never had.

The school didn't change at all; it is still looking like a hot mess. People pushing each other, running late to their classes, and pushing each other, others talking and laughing loudly in the hauls.

For fuck sake, this is the first day, you have a whole year to stuck your thong in her throat, I thought walking by two horny freshmen making out in a corner by the toilets.

Our school is a cocktail of diverse people. There are athletes, musicians, nerds, the metalheads, goths, junkies, badass gangs. There are black people, Caucasians, Asians, white people. Every race, community or religion exists in here. And we all live in harmony and peace.

By harmony, I mean half of the students are either racist, sexist, homophobic or simply mean. The other half which is the “normal" one is suffering because of the first half’s stupid actions. But there still some amazingly smart people walking around in the shadows who are worthy to be seen and heard, I like to believe that they are everywhere. I just need to be brave and go talk to them and try to be friends with them. But that's exactly what I'm messing intensely in my life: bravery.

Normally I’m considered the “tomboy”, the “soccer freak” or the “creepy girl who has been sitting alone at lunch for the last three years”. Whatever it is, I don’t give a single fuck now.

As usual, I walked alone in the hauls towards my locker, I took my books and got straight to class. It's the first day of school and I look like the dirty mess I was last day of last year. Wearing old clothes; dark dull jeans and a black oversized tee-shirt, putting headphones and no makeup. I put zero effort into my look and I couldn’t care less what others think. It's not a matter of confidence; I just gave up on the whole world.

My first period on Monday is with my English teacher Miss Nancy. I walked like a shadow to the back of the class and took the last chair. Nobody even noticed me. I was staring at my phone when the teacher took control of the class and asked us all to settle down. I tried to pay attention to her but I was too distracted looking at my classmates.

I saw some old friends that I wasn't exactly excited to have them in my class. But there were three new people; one beautiful tall brunette who seemed like she made quick friendships with the “INSTA QUEENS” of last year. There was also a petite cute girl who gave me a hard worker, nerdy,  teacher's pet kind of vibes. I felt the need of being her friend, I saw my younger self in her.

Finally, there was Jordan. Somebody who caught my eyes and I couldn't take them off him. He was that kind of mysterious people who seems unapproachable. Looking arrogant and very confident, but also sad and even depressed at the same time. Just very distinct. He was trying to be invisible just like me; sitting at the back of the class without looking around or talking to anyone. But I can see him.

‘Laura, Laura’ the teacher yelled couple times trying to check the presence while I was daydreaming. 'Present,' I said in the lowest voice possible. She gave me a warning look making everybody turns towards me. Perfect! I'm dying for attention right now.

Last year Miss Nancy claimed that I'm smarter than what my grades reflect. She kept telling me that I had to be more active in class and participate in more group activities and join clubs to gain better grades and make some friends.

I hardly talk to my classmates, there's no way I would work with them on any kind of project. Therefore, I’m ready to handle the consequences. But I really admire the effort Miss Nancy made with me. I’ve always liked her. She believes in me. Only a few people do.