XXXI

Three months Later

Rayus

It was the fourth time I'd glanced down at my phone feeling sick. I dropped the thing in my lap, intertwining my fingers and looking around Mr Santos' office. Maddeus had allowed him back in the business but only to review spends.

The old man was fixed on a cigar flicking through a folder, and blinking up at a computer screen.

Eventually I felt claustrophobic "This is ridiculous! He said we'd meet for 7... And it's 7:30! Where is he!?"

Mr Santos glanced over at me with a scowl.
"You know that boy, doesn't stop fucking working. It's annoying when your son can't walk past your bedroom at night without asking if you've done the day's chores. Little shit... you'd think I'm his maid."

I shook my head, feeling my heart hammer at his words.
It wasn't good that Maddeus was so preoccupied with work.

Recently there was other drama that had put me on edge. It didn't help, that Maddeus didn't answer his calls and God help me he left me feeling irritated, Confused and impatient on top of it all.

After a million texts, we finally agreed to meet today... The little fucker hadn't spent time with me in over a month...

I inhaled and exhaled sharply.
It was going to be okay. He wouldn't bail on me now. We promised each other.

When the door clicked and creaked open, Mr Santos frowned in the direction of the door way.
"Ah here he comes now."
Maddeus walked in wearing a really form fitting navy suit, he was out of breath holding a bunch of folders.

He frowned at his father "I'm so sorry, Artemis was enquiring about the extensions at Quera and Delicious, both which I said were fine according to the council but apparently no I'm not trustworthy the fucking dick. It took calling up my rep to prove it..."

He suddenly fell quiet glancing over at me.

" Oh shit! Ry.... "

I felt my anger build, bubble and spill over.

I stood up quickly grabbing the magazine off the table.

" Don't you look all fucking surprised to see me you idiot! What the fuck is this!?"
I threw the magazine at him, it fumbled rolling out on his shoes.

He picked it up with a scowl on his face only to frown at it, blinking back at me and then at his father.

"Didnt you tell him!?"
Looking back at Mr Santos it seemed he was trying to keep himself out of this.

He groaned "No.." tapping away at the computer disinterestedly.

I scoffed pointing at the magazine "How could you do that, laying sprawled out naked like that Maddy.... People are gonna see you like some sex object."

He frowned at me "It was a PR move, which by the way I was against but dad said sex sells!"

I scoffed shrugging "I mean yeah! From the 1970s way into 2050 but seriously Maddeus... I hardly get to see you and when I do it's with your body naked on the cover of some magazine for women and men to drool over!"