XI

Maddeus

"Look I already said I don't need you here, asshole! Just go back and play with your stupid cousin or something."

He suddenly glared at me in the mirror like he'd kill me.
I just stuck a cigarette in my mouth hoping he could see the disappointment he'd put me through.
Fucking traitor.

He cleared his throat before continuing to talk.
I wanted to act like I hadn't heard him... But deep down... I kinda wanted him to talk to me.

"Is Mr Santos going to be at the Wedding?"

I huffed sticking two fingers up at him.

"If you love old men so much why don't you go and fuck him instead!? "

Looking over at Rayus.... I forgot how cold he could be.

I mean I was used to him being angry and controlling when I threw a tantrum... But this... I hated it.

His eyes remained fixed on the road... But why did they look so defeated in the mirror, like he was trying to pull himself together? Like he had a lot on his mind?

We found our way to the seats... The building was beautifully set up in navy's and I could only focus on who was present. The Earnways never seemed to attend weddings. Neither did that shady Marek guy. His wife however... Was present with his bodyguard... I recognised them from my club. She'd come down and perform sometimes and usually the two men came in... Saw a few people and then left.

I chuckled to myself.
Naiden had called him a no fun hun.
The boys who don't keep toys.
A no fun hun.
Speaking of Naiden though... He was sat the at the back of the hall... Alone while Carlen was sat with his wife.
I swear it made me so fucking angry.
I sat down with Rayus beside me... And watched as two of my friends got remarried.

This time... Light looked like he knew exactly who he was marrying... And he was excited by the sight of his husband... I couldn't help but feel a little jealous when he teared up.

Everyone knew Nord in the very traditional manner... Kept toys in his home. I didn't wanna say anything because it was between them. Even then I didn't know he still had them I'd thought maybe he would get rid of them...

Regardless though that was all gone now. Their Guards held onto their sons while the ceremony was carried out... Before long the ceremony was over and we left to the reception hall.

Carlen's wife appeared before me looking like Naiden 2.0

She frowned softly " Have you seen Carlen?"
I bit my lip feeling a little sorry for her "Sorry Miss, hes not a friend of mine. Matter of fact if I saw him I'd probably kill him."

She looked frightened of my words but then left me to my own devices. She ran back in the direction of Light and I decided to stand to one side, out of the way.
Looking around now I spotted a few familiar faces huddled behind a pillar. Carlen was arguing with Naiden throwing him at none other than my guard.

What the actual heck was going on!?
I quickly marched over only to hear from a distance. Carlen looked like he was seconds away from going mad.
" I don't agree with that... Rayus. I hope you understand I don't agree with that at all. When you work for me. You work for me ALONE."

Rayus was trying to defend himself "Sir. It was in the contract Mr Santos requested one final trip with Maddeus. After this my service is all yours."
Again Carlen seethed shaking his head."You're... Not hearing me. I DON'T AGREE WITH THAT AT ALL...."

Naiden huffed frowning up at him " Oh please you fucker. You can survive one evening without the security team captain."
Immediately Carlen's eyes fixed on Naiden like a missile
"Right. You. You shouldn't even be here you stupid cunt so... Rayus.... Is going to keep my wife company at this party.... And you.... You're going to keep me company in the meantime!"