XXIX

Maddeus

"Arigatou gozaimasu.."
I bowed once at the lady who owned the Inn and springs, then lastly at the other two women who'd been helping us around.

Ry crept around helping the driver and other guards move our stuff into the car but as we both clambered in we barely found peace....

Both our phones rung out in two separate ring tones.

Ry groaned down at his phone with a frown.
I glared down at mine.

Dad.

Pressing the answer button, I cried out.
" Ohayo."

Behind me I could hear Rayus groan defeatedly "Yes Mr Russworth..."

My dad's goofy snort of a chuckle rang out over the phone.
"Is that Japanese? What are you doing over In XT Maddeus?"

I scoffed "And who the hell told you!?"

Beside me Rayus slapped his leg "Sir... You realise we didn't want Mr Santos Senior to know right..."

Ah...

"Well Carlen told me and then I had to coax it out of Your friend... You know... Little White... What the heck is that brats name?"

I pinched the bridge of my nose "Light... White."

He scoffed "What does it look like Laundry day!? Who's kid is this!"

I rolled my eyes "Dad.."

"Just get your ass home... I've got to talk to you about Rayus."

I bit my lip glancing over in Rayus' direction.

My heart stopped when I realised he was glaring back at me wide eyed.

________

Boarding the plane was one of the most nerve-wracking experiences of my life.

So I'd dated worse.

We sat side by side in the standard seating place and I tied my curls back into a pony and slipped on some sunglasses.

Rayus beside me was wearing a frown. Even now as he had his arms crossed and eyes shut.

I felt alarmed by the words we'd exchanged in the car.

Supposedly dad had asked Carlen where I'd gone.
He'd told him I went to Japan.

Dad also got curious how the hell I planned on going abroad without my security team...

Carlen had ( in his ever so graceful manner) managed to avoid answering but Light was a little easier to sway with the promises of cupcakes and compliments to his babies. My best friend thought it was in my father's best interest to know where I was... And also why... on top of it all.

I sighed, only to feel the warm rough hands of Rayus press at my own...

Looking over he was watching me cautiously.
"I love you. Whatever happens.... Nothing is gonna change that."

I frowned "the first time dad told you to..."

"I know... I went along with it... Maddy I was stupid. I had a job to keep."

I laughed "What if Carlen puts you in a similar situation..."

He frowned "Maddeus... You've made it clear what you want. And I'm not going to abandon you now."

Staring into his eyes I felt like crying.

My dad pushed the closest people away from me before...