XVIII

If Mr Santos remained unconscious like he was... It could be serious and he could have so much worse happen.

"Oi!!! HEYY!" I yelled as loud as I could.
Reed whimpered on the ground "Hey! What are you doing!?"

I huffed feeling exhausted being chained up where I was. It was starting to wear me out. I could sit and stand but as soon as I moved forward or moved my arms tug tug tug.

"Oi you goons! He's not breathing properly!"

When the gates slowly opened several guards made their way down before huffing at me "What is it you Fuck!?"

I growled at them as seriously as I could.

"Mr Santos. He's not looking good. He's wheezing. He needs medical help."

One of the guards chuckled " What do you think we're supposed to do? Play doctor?"

The other guard tapped at the first guards shoulder "Get him out of here regardless. If he's sick maybe we can make use of that."

I growled under my breath " Don't you dare touch.."

A swift whack met my face in the shadows.

I groaned out the pain but dealt with it recognising the familiar stinging.

This guy was taller than me if only by a little and he seemed to be glaring at me like I was a challenge.

He growled" You're a big one. It'll be fun starving that cocky attitude out of you... "

I scowled at him silently. Getting myself beat was just gonna make shit worse. I had to bide my time.

Reed looked like he was seconds from tears as the men dragged away Mr Santos. When he tried to grab hold of him, one of the other guards kicked him down hard against the ground.

The boy let out a yelp. I could only grit back my anger.

I would get out soon enough and when I did... I'd kick their asses.

At this point my heart was breaking thinking about Maddeus.
All I could think was... If he was okay. If he was alive.

If he was somewhere nearby... If only I Could... Get out and find him.

The men dragged away Mr Santos as though he were already just a carcass ready to dispose of.

It hurt me that I couldn't do anything more to protect him.
It had been my job to but he had been the one to transfer me.

I sat by quietly with Reed in the moments that passed.

In that time... The kid had fallen asleep... Waking up from nightmares calling out various names.

He seemed sad about not being with his original buyer and now he seemed to stress about his current owner.
He lay down sniffling to himself on the floor.

"He's... Kinda stupid... Y'know..." he chuckled softly.
"You tell him he's already had breakfast... And the idiot actually believes it."

I couldn't help but smile to myself.

I knew that feeling.

I remembered how many times Maddeus overslept on important meetings. How many times he turned up the wrong restaurant. Or sang songs wrong in the back of the car.

Reed sat up purring at me" I'm just a toy... He told me he wants to free me. He was allowing me to study law under his care."

He had begun sniffling" What idiot does that!? "
He wiped back tears using the back of his hand.