XII

Maddeus.

When I woke up, the house was quiet. God knows where everyone had gone.

I had breakfast in silence... Watching the flames of my decorative fireplace and thinking about how nice it would have been if my guards actually gave a rats ass about me.

I remember last night so vividly.
Rayus... Was working for Carlen.
I choked on the pills as I swallowed them down with a glass of water.

What a jerk.

I decided to go and talk to my dad... Just to see how life was going. I mean regardless that we never saw eye to eye... It was only fair now... That money and business wasn't involved... That he should ease up on me.

When I opened the door to his office... I realised he wasnt here.
But he'd left letters haphazardly all over his desk.

One of the envelopes read "To the house of Santos."
Walking around to my father's chair I noticed now that the letters were lengthy, and angry talking about some kind of debt... Talking about some kind of payment... And other various cusses made their way in there too.

The bottom of the Letter read Caspar Earnway.

Ugh. Those fucking Earnways.
I sat down flicking through sheets of paper noting now that...
Something was immensely wrong.

I felt a wave of nausea and pain... Realising... Anytime I'd seen our reports they always looked steady. Not great but steady... But here... There was a problem.
Had my dad covered up records and lied to my face...
Here there had been illegal and unprofessional trades and we'd had to borrow money from the Earnways... On several occasions.

I let out a huff... Resting my head in my hand.
Fuck fuck fuck.

We were bankrupt weren't we?
We owed the Earnways money... And now they were getting angry because we had nothing to pay them.

What the fuck had my dad been doing!?

-

Tyler

"I need you to research what deals Mr Santos had a hand in. Maddeus told me he's been worried for a while I need you to help me on this one."

Owl frowned at me "Mr Song..."
I raised a finger at him "It's so fucking obvious his dad is probably doing something illegal!"

I walked around my bedroom. Dropping my folder and laptop onto my desk before tugging at my tie.
" Can you believe his lawyers are in on it!?"

Owl grunted at me again "Mr Song!"

I huffed "It doesn't make any sense! He's his dad! To kick him out of his own business. What is he thinking!?"

" TYLER! Listen to me! You are not to get involved!"
When I looked back at Owl he crossed his arms before him defensively like he did sometimes.

I scoffed" Oh yeah why not!? He's my friend Owl! "

He grunted at me stalking towards me slowly.

" Tyler. You're the only company head of the Song name. You lost your own dad only recently. Don't you realise how stupid it sounds... You want to get involved in something like this when you can already tell something is shady!?"

I frowned thinking about my father the way he'd died in the last few months of his life.

I sighed... Feeling my body shake" I don't want anyone to... "

Owl growled at me softly. He had a protective way about him, I know... But he had to understand I was worried for my friend.

I shook my head at him" And what if Maddy was to get poisoned? What about if Mr Santos got poisoned?"