IX

Caerys was spitting up a Spanish profanity storm as I frowned at Maddeus in the doorway.

"What are you doing here!?"

He shook his head at me " I'm a fucking idiot okay! I get it. What happened between us meant nothing. I get it! I mean maybe I thought otherwise and that's why I wanted to talk to you! But you..."

His lip was wobbling like a child and I could feel my own heart breaking.
What was wrong, why was he crying?

He jutted his jaw back towards me
" Is he that special someone you wouldn't shut up about!? Did I keep you two apart cause I worked you so hard!? You know what I don't even...wanna know..."

He had already turned on his heel ready to leave but I leapt out at him grappling him in my arms.

" Maddy! "
He growled at me like an angry puppy " Let me go you fucker."

Ugh what a drama queen. There was only one thing I could do. I picked him up off the floor princess style while he continued arguing and bitching. It was something I did when he was younger. If he got mad I picked him up and he couldn't go around destroying shit when he was stuck up a tree.

Caerys was already being domestic jealous wife 2.0.

" Who is that Puta, Ry. Acting like he can just turn up and give me dirty looks." he continued an angry rant in Spanish only for Maddeus to hiss at him from my arms " Oi! I understand you, pinche concha!"
I rolled my eyes trying to keep a grasp of Maddeus as he attempted to kill my cousin from 5 feet away.
Caerys was frowning like an angry puppy and I was finding this extremely funny.

I mumbled softly into Maddeus' neck
" wow, so you actually did pay attention in Spanish class.... Enough to learn insults was it?"

Maddeus glowered at me " You're gonna be next once I'm done butchering your stupid bitch."

It was cute.
He was clearly jealous.
I lifted him towards me, he argued as I did but once he was close enough I whispered into his ear.

" Maddeus... He's my cousin."

He suddenly glared at me" But your both half naked and alone and its dark and... "

Oh my fucking God...
I purred softly" Maddeus. We were cleaning my home... Our clothes got dirty..."
He frowned up at me with a look of embarrassment. "Look just put me down. I'm going home."

I grunted out of frustration. I was so happy he was here but now he was seconds from leaving again.

"Maddy please..."
I put him down only for him to storm towards the door.

I couldn't let him leave. I chased him towards it and held it closed... Pinning him in my arms.

"I don't want you to leave right now... Its not safe this late."

He looked up at me with hurt in his eyes "Oh yeah why do you care... You're leaving soon too aren't you?"

I bit my lip " I'm only leaving because it was either that or getting fired Maddeus. Your dad had his reasons."

He glowered at me "What reasons?"
For a moment... We were just staring at each other like two magnets pushing and pulling.
I could hear my own heart race until something broke our trance.

" Oh. Is that who this is... Is he your boss!? As in Maddeus Santos?"
I glanced over at Caerys who was rummaging his phone and comparing whatever pictures of Maddy on there to the being in front of him.

He giggled " So you're the guy Ry has had a crush on for the past couple of years then. It all makes sense now. "

I tensed as I felt Maddeus tug at my arm.