XVII

I shook my head at Carla dropping my head into my hands.

I was sitting... In the lounge where we had the meeting with Mr White after his raid...
But today my ex-subordinates weren't here... Staff weren't here.

Few people still remained doing their job as they should.

But when the security team is missing even the staff begin to worry.

Carla blinked at me behind teary eyes " The master left out of nowhere yesterday night... Antoin and Kayan go with him."

I huffed "And the others? Where are the others?"

Carla shook her head lowering her gaze to the floor.

"Those men Come here looking for him. I think they look for him. I think they take him. They take our boys."
I bit my lip "Carla... Where are the rest of them?"

She leered at me "You not listening! They come here... They took what they want they left what they want. I can only call ambulance when I saw them..."

I couldn't help but remain in the silence.

I shot up looking around the empty building.

Furniture was missing.
Decorations missing.
Some things like walls and lights were straight up damaged.

I bit back the anger and spite.
It was easy to think of revenge in a time like now... But I had one priority.

And so... I decided to investigate on the outer perimeter of the building.

Surely... There would be something.

And I did for a while find a lot.

Two trails of shoes on the mud leading to the back. Some strange marks on the rear wall and as I made my way round I kept an eye out for any surprise guests. Everything had been quiet for a while now.

And so I tried to keep my eyes peeled for any lights.
Until I heard a weird sound.

It sounded like.... Radio feedback: white noise.

And so I followed it round to the front of the building where trees lines the front garden and around the drive...

Looking left right and centre, I found Nothing. But I was close... The noise only grew louder.

And then I heard that annoying fucking voice.

" There you are." Glancing up I recognised the face but not the get up.

Whoever Maddeus had made friends with. He was both a fucking liar and a private agent as he aimed a fucking gun at me.

It didn't even take him seconds to pull the trigger when I made the briefest movement to get out of the way.

I scoffed to myself in that moment.
Some shooter . He was right in my fucking face up that damned tree like a cat.

I was in all honesty just done with that piece of shit.

Amazingly I did wake up. I was surprised but alive nevertheless. I was in a basement of sorts staring at the face of Hart stood in his stupid uniform.

He growled softly " You know. We're growing really impatient with you guys not giving us anything. I really need answers. That Blue Carter or whatever, he's upto no good. And that Carlen Russworth he ain't a Saint either. I bet you you can tell us a lot of things those bastards be planning Ry."

I shook my head at him feeling the unease wear off.
" Only thing I'm telling you... Are directions to the nearest coffin you son of a.. "
He smirked at me cutting me off" Ah well. My job here is done. It would have been so much easier if you'd answer to me cap'n. You tell me what they're up to. I kill you. End of story. I don't know what the bosses got planned for you... "