XXVI

Maddeus

I'd spent all evening speaking to Rayus even though I had been more excited about testing out the Japanese I'd learned.

I felt bad using this as an excuse to stop here and explore the Japanese Market. Truth was I didn't have that much fancy moolah to get really really exquisite treatment.

However I did... really want to take Rayus with me because as much as I trusted my guards and had a whole new team... Rayus just... Knew my patterns like clockwork.

After the meal I decided to go and test out the hotspring, entering it with a soft splash. It was a wide area with pretty natural bamboo and rock displays... Looking back at Rayus he was pouting at his phone. He'd probably just killed his battery searching up the Japanese dictionary all day.

I smirked to myself calling out to him.

"Hey get in here, before the water gets cold!" I winked out only for Rayus to Smirk a tight lipped grin.

"It's a hotspring Maddeus, I don't think they work like that."

I laughed at his words moving away from him as he got closer trying to climb in.

My coils for hair had laxed from the deep heat. The water itself bit at me deeply like it was pinching at my muscles. It was more than just soothing.

I let out a long sigh listening to Rayus hiss and grunt.

I forgot that this was a new experience for him.
In the past I'd travelled with other guards knowing Rayus would kill my buzz.

These days though... I liked that there was this weird mature grounding where we both stood.

He had a new job. I sorta did too.

I forgot how much he really did push aside of his own life to make sure mine was back on track.
So Under the water I reached out until I found his boiling hand and held onto it.

He hummed glancing over at me with his his warm soft eyes.

"Uhh... Is everything okay... You know its a little too hot for hand holding right?"

I smirked to myself.

" I was just thinking... About the future."

He sighed turning away from me.

"Yeah?"

I nodded "I was thinking... What if.... I kept my private life on mute... To journalists and stuff... Like could I get by acting like I was single... If it meant like... Dating someone I'm not supposed to be?"

Rayus's voice went up an octave. "You wanna date?"

I bit my lip trying to avoid his eyes... Instead I fixated back on the distant bamboo display and made my way over to them letting go of Rayus' hand in the process.

"Like I said... Its not like... My dad would ever know or... The public... But... I don't think I can date anybody new..."

I glanced up at him feeling my heart quiver.
"No one knows me like you do..."

Rayus' eyes narrowed in that way they had whenever he smiled full of glee.

He blinked at me softly before glancing away.

"I don't know Maddeus, wasn't it you who said you wanted to marry someone fancy pantsy."

I shoved him softly when I recognised he was teasing me.
"Oh yeah, you're right! I'm rescinding my offer..."