VIII

Warning: Cat does not speak a word of Spanish and had to rely on Google for the next few chapters. Please go easy on me 😁

Antoin chuckled at me " Sir... What's wrong? You've been sitting at your desk... But I hope you realise you need files out to actually get work done."

I glared up at him " Run that by me again?"

Instantly he bit his lip "I apologise sir. I'm just concerned about your progress"

I groaned at him before looking back at my desk.

All I could think about was Rayus. About the kiss.
About him leaving.
About him hiding shit from me.

My heart hadn't stopped pounding since and it began to bother me.

Antoin chuckled " You know sir... If its really bothering you... You should call him a little later. I mean Rayus did just head home... Why don't you... Call him and see how he's doing..."

I blinked up at Antoin.
"You're right. But uh... How did you know I was thinking about Rayus?"

He smiled at me "Sir. The whole team Knows Rayus only gives a damn about you. Not us. Not your dad. Not himself. Just you."

Fuck. That was weird to hear... But a reality slap too.

I sighed at him " Are you telling me... He uh... Cares about me... As his boss or..."

Antoin chuckled " Sir Kayan and I both saw that kiss that morning. If you wanna believe he cares about you as just his boss... You're free to believe that. I just think you should work out how you feel about him and then... talk to him. "

I scoffed at him" Now it makes sense why he never sleeps, the idiot! "

I let out a long sigh, dismissing Antoin. My mind kept focused on what had happened... But for me... I didn't know what to feel about Rayus. I usually didn't swing in that particular direction.

Rayus was loyal and hardworking. He wasn't a bad looking guy. He was actually... Kinda hot but the problem was he wasn't my type... I'd never dated anyone like him before and hell... If my dad ever found out... It would be fucking awful for both of us.

In all honesty it made sense why he kept it quiet. It made sense why he was so protective.
There was days he'd protected me even from my father, and myself too.

That night when I called him, I couldn't think straight.

"Hey uh... What are you upto you... Cool cat you."

The low voice sounded deeper over the phone.
"Cool cat!? Maddeus have you been drinking?"

My heart was pounding. I could detect the worry in his voice and it drove me fucking wild.

"I uh... Rayus... I... Just answer the question!"

Silence followed for a minute as I played with the receiver in my hands. He finally spoke up " Yes sir, I'm fine."

I bit my lip as silence fell between us again... It was so dead. I even noticed how cold the room was.

He chuckled out of the blue" Are you well? "

At those words I wanted to whinge and moan.

No I wasn't. What was I supposed to think!? Dude had kissed me and left me!

I let out a sigh "Look Rayus I... Couldn't stop thinking about what happened the other day and I... I still don't know what you meant. "

There was a strange silence on his side as he let out a sigh "Maddeus. Don't over think it. I only kissed you as a farewell. "