XIX

Footsteps irritated me as they rushed over.
I growled at the door, lying on the floor with my face smushed into the ground.
"You not fucking done yet? Bunch'a lil' wimps."

"Rayus!?"
I groaned recognising the voice from somewhere.

At this point I'd been hearing plenty of things.
I'd been hearing all sorts of calls.
Hell I'd imagined Maddeus calling for me over a thousand times and a couple of I love you's had made their way in there too as I hoped for the complicated in this awkward time.

But now I heard the growl again.
"Rayus you rotten egg!"

Eh? I opened my eyes slowly feeling the tiredness kill at me...

I could see shadows in the door way.

Two people were talking.

" Have you got the key?"

He scoffed "Yeah... sure... I had a key. If I had the key do you think I'd be using your flimsy Bobby pin you idiot!?"

I groaned in confusion.
"Maddy?"
The gate shrieked open and footsteps made their way towards me... And then I felt gentle hands on me... Holding me up... When I groaned looking up into his eyes I didn't even have to recognise his face.
I could smell him... I could feel him. I would always know these things about him.

Still when I saw his eyes... I couldn't help but smile.

"Hi..."
I didn't realise... But he was tearing up.

"Rayus you... Fucking idiot you!"

I groaned "Hey now! what the fuck. That's not what I need to hear right now!"
He huffed softly "Sorry... Reed get over here. Please get the cuffs off him..."

The other boy made his way over.
Thankfully his bruising hadn't got worse... I was glad they hadn't gone hard on him while I was here.

Reed ran further behind me as I focused on Maddeus' eyes but he was looking past me... Clearly trying to hold back something.

I purred out softly "I'm so glad you're okay..."

He exhaled shutting me down "Not now..."

I growled "Do you know what youre doing Reed?"

He snorted "Do I... A toy... Know what I'm doing... With keylocks and a Bobby pin. Haha oh honey. This is like... Charity slut level work here."

I groaned " and here we were discussing how toys are saints."

His voice went up an octave " not all of us... Just a few. Me? Hah. Fuck no."

It was good to see he'd got his spunk back the moment he was broken out.

I growled at Maddeus.

" How did you find me?"
He purred silently.
" I went off the radar. Told Tyler and Owl to work with me. On the Down low. Told Light what was going on."
He huffed.
"I only knew they had my dad and Reed but... When I found Reed... He told me you'd been here."
Reed squealed "Freeeee we're freeee"

I growled at him "Oh shut your mouth pipsqueak. Anymore fucking lunatics come my way I'm kicking them in the nuts."
Reed instantly shut up as I followed Maddeus out.

He held me up well even though he wasnt my height or weight.
Outside the gated room stood Antoin. He looked upset at me. I realised I must've looked like shit.

He nodded at Maddeus" I've got him boss. "
Maddeus stormed off ahead with a huff. He looked...different. He looked... Serious.

" Blue said he's on the way with his cops. Light said he'll surround the place with their family's armed squad. My dad... We've still got to find my dad. "