Chapter 32

[Lisa's POV]

"Lisa..." my whole body started trembling upon hearing the voice that uttered my name softly.

It's been years -so fucking many years- since I last heard my name be called so softly by that person. The same that haunts me over my dreams.

And I can't figure out if I'm ready for this again. To face him and all the grudges I'm kept from him.

"What are you doing here?" I responded almost like a whisper. Eyes locked to the vending machine if front of me as I wait for the coffee to come out.

And he felt silent. Not even able to utter a word like he's out of things to say. Like he wants to say something but he doesn't know what and how to.

"If you don't need anything from me, may I excuse? I need to come back to my wife. She might wake up any time soon" I grabbed my coffee and hurriedly walk away from him, with no attempt of looking back.

For some moment, I thought he's gonna follow me and annoy the hell out of me, forced me to talk to him. But he didn't. He was just left out there staring blankly as I walk away from him.

I can see that. I can see his reflection from the glass door in front of me on my way to the lift.

I am glad he didn't mind following me. I'm not sure if I am ready to let him ruin this day especially that Jennie just gave birth to our second child. And I'm far from letting him in. Especially after the incident of him coming to Leo on our wedding day.

And him - making his way inside our familial affairs when Leo was missing. Not that I am to blame him for that incident, but he just made me realize one thing that time - that he never keeps any of his promises.

His promise to love my mom eternally.

His promise not to leave our family.

And his promise to return Leo to us.

"Daddy!" I heard our son squealed in delight upon seeing me enter the room.

"Hey, big guy!" I greeted him joyfully as much as I could.

"Mom's awake already. She's looking for you" He said once I picked him up. I immediately placed my coffee on the counter and rushed to Jennie.

"Mommy! Daddy's here" Leo said when we got to Jennie's bed.

"I see..." Jennie said smiling brightly towards me.

I put Leo to bed beside Jennie and there he started to play again with just any thing he sees. Not minding us at all.

"You look pale, what's wrong?" She asked with her worried face.

"N-nothing. I'm just, you know,tired and maybe sleepy" I tried to escape. The last thing I want to happen now is to make Jennie worry about me. Not that I intend to hide this from her, but of course I wouldn't want her to worry a lot about me and my shaky relationship with my dad.

"I wish I'm that naive, honey. But you know, I'm never gonna buy that excuse. So tell me, what's wrong?" I should've known that. If there's anyone in this world who knows every fucking thing about me, it will always be my wife.

"Nothing, really... I mean, there is. But that is the last thing I would want to keep rolling for now. Not now, especially that Lucas Jace will be brought here in a few minutes" I responded throwing a faint smile to her.

Her face soften upon hearing what I said, 'Lucas Jace' - that's our son. Probably she's surprised. We haven't had a name for him yet. Like before, we struggled finding the best name to give our son. But while waiting for Jennie to wake up, I decided to think of his name and since I can't think of anything good, I just asked Leo instead.