Chapter 2

[Lisa's POV]

"Mom, are you sure about this? It's been 28 years since you last saw him. Don't you think he's already having his own family? I'm always up for your happiness mom. But I'm afraid that this conquest you're planning right now will just hurt you. I don't wanna see you hurt again, Mom." I protested after hearing my mom's plan.

Just few days ago, mom asked me to accompany her to go to Italy to find his first love, Marco Bruischweiler. The man she really loved the most. The man she should've married instead my pathetic father if it weren't because my grandparents separated them.

"Honey, I've been bugged by the thoughts of him these past few days. I can't sleep, I can't eat. I wonder how he is. I left him alone when I was supposed to ran with him. I didn't do what I was supposed to do way back then. And now, I feel the courage. Your father left us for another woman and that hurt me most thinking that I shouldn't have experienced it if I just went to him that night 28 years ago" mom explained crying. She's right, if only she followed her heart before, she shouldn't have experienced the pain my father has caused her. She shouldn't have known how it feels to be replaced for another woman just for a good fuck.

"I understand mom, we'll be doing it but don't tell me I didn't warn you. We're going there without knowing what could happen. You might end up happy but you might also end up being hurt again." I sighed in a very low tone. I was worried. I was so worried that I might see my mom cry again from the pain of love.

"Whatever will be the outcome, at least I tried to correct the mistake I made 28 years ago" mom said.

We packed our things and went straight to the airport to catch our flight to Italy. She said Marco is staying there because that's where they met and she's very sure that Marco will not leave that place because it is special for him. Well, in my opinion, if that Marco knew some other girls, then there are possibilities that he already flew to another country. But mom insisted, so I just believed in her. I was supposed to be working now. I am a doctor. But I cannot let mom go alone and wander around Italy finding some man we aren't even sure if he's still alive.

"I got an address that is said to be the place he's staying. Maybe we could pay it a visit once we arrived there" mom said holding a piece of paper.

"Aren't we going to take some rest first? Mom, we have a plenty of time to find that man. Let's take some rest when we get there. Okay?" I said and she just nodded. I know she was sad with how I reacted but heck am I going to go straight to places finding that Marco.

We arrived in Italy late in the evening and luckily the car I've rented was already outside the airport so we immediately left and went straight to the nearest hotel.

"Any plans here in Italy other than finding your first love?" I asked my mom.

"Hmmm... how about we go to Verona? It's very speciam to me, that's where Marco and I met. You know, a shakepearrean place. Who knows? Maybe you can finally meet the woman that could melt that frozen heart" mom said pointing on to my chest.

"Mom? We aren't here just to find me a woman. I believe that woman will come when it's time. And besides, I'm happy being single. I have work to focus to, I got you. And that's more than enough for me to stay breathing" I answered while my eyes were still focused on the road.

"Yes, but I'm getting old Lisa. I want grandchildren. Don't you think that could ease up my sadness if I finally see children running around the house? And you're good looking too, you got a great job and a great personality... well, except for your short tempre, but I know you're not hard to love" mom said smiling and I just laughed.