Chapter 9

[Lisa's POV]

Shit, shit, shit!!!

Stupid! That's what you should call me.

First, I should've told her I love her but I just said that I like her. Who am I fucking kidding? I even saw how her eyes saddened when she heard it. I want to assume she expected me to tell her I love her but I felt bad, she slapped me hard with the reality of her getting married.

Second, I should've not kissed her... but why does the kiss felt so right? Why does it feel like she wanted all of it as much as I do?

I wanted more. I want to have her the way nobody else can do. When I pulled her closer, I have to admit that I assumed she will like it too. I swear, I felt it by the way she kissed me. But she got scared when I did that and that's when I realized how guilty she is for cheating on her fiancé.

And now I'm all alone. In the middle of the street when we were used to be having our night walks and morning walks we always loved. She left me all alone, she left me because it is the right thing to do. She's getting married, always remember that Lisa.

I walked back to our room. Mom was still awake when I arrived.

"Hey mom. You should be sleeping by now" I said nonchalantly not wanting her to notice how much devastated I am right now.

"I was about to go to bed. Fortunately, you're back. Come,, let's sleep" she replied and I just nodded. I lay down beside her without saying a word. It feels so good to just lie down with your mom even though I don't know if she knows how my night went through. After so many years, this is the first time again to sleep beside my mom and it felt wonderful.
.
.
.

We're up early the next moring. This will be a long drive and it will probably be the most awkward drive with Jennie.

I helped Jennie and Jisoo put their bags on the trunk. I am wearing a sunglasses for them not to see how my eyes swell for crying all night. Regretting the part of not letting Jennie know I really feel.

"Jennie? Can you be the one to sit in front? I want to stretch my legs a bit" mom requested. I know she did it on purpose.

"Sure..."Jennie responded hesitatingly.

"What are your plans once you're back to Korea, Jennie and Jisoo?" Mom said breaking the silence.

"Probably to finish the story" Jennie reponded earning a nod from mom.

"I'm sad that your story might have a bad ending since we didn't find Marco" mom uttered.

'Yea, plus the awkward ending between us' I thought.

"Don't worry about it, I can make an ending for it" Jennie uttered smiling.

And the ride went silently awkward again.

"M-Marco!" Mom almost yelled out from the back.

"What?" I asked as I stepped hard on the break to check on her.

But before I was even able to turn my body to check on her at the back, mom was already out and dashing towards a restaurant.

"Mom!" I yelled as I rushed out of the car and followed her.

"Excuse me? How may I help you?" A man probably the same age as mine uttered.

"He is Marco" said mom making me confused. Marco is impossible to be as young as him. I suddenly become worried for mom's condition.

"Mom, he isn't. Look how young he is" I uttered.

"Marco? You know my father?" the man asked again and my eyes widdened.