Chapter 7

[Lisa's POV]

"Jendeuk! Lisa!" The sound of a yelling chicken pulled me out of trance as I was lovingly staring at Jennie. This tiny girl could be annoying at times.

"I knew this is where I'll find you. Of course in an ice cream parlor.... but, I never knew you were up for an early morning date" Jisoo grinned at Jennie like she's teasing her and I just chuckled. Wish it is really a date.

"Yaaa! We're not dating, Chu" defended Jennie and I just stared at both of them.

"If you say so...." Jisoo teased again earning a playful slap from Jennie.

"I was looking for you because Leslie came knocking at our door looking for Lisa. I was about to ask you if you know where she is but yea, it seems you really know where" she said wiggling her eyebrows.

"Aissh! This isn't planned, okay? I was writing my story at the dining area of the Inn when Lisa came and asked me if she could read it and I told her that she has to treat me ice cream. That's all of it" Jennie explained defensively.

"Who says it's planned? I wasn't even prying for explanation. You're being defensive, Jendeukie..... caught you!" She whispered the last part but I was able to lip read her.

"Come on, let's head back to the Inn. Leslie must be worried and we still have a Marco to find" Jennie said dragging me and Jisoo by the hand.

Oops! Be careful what you touch Jennie, you might touch my heart.

Her soft little hands suddenly made my heart flutter.

God, I have to stop this. This can't be.

As we came back to the Inn, mom was already having her breakfast. She doesn't even look like she's bothered or worried.

"Good morning to the most beautiful mom!" I greeted joyfully as I leaned down to kiss her. Jennie's still holding my hand.

"I'm sorry, I forgot to leave you a message I was just---"

"It's okay, it's okay... explanations are not needed anymore" she said smiling before looking down to Jennie and I's hands together.

"Oh.." Jennie and I said in unnision when we both realized we're still hand in hand..... okay, okay, I have to admit, I was fully aware that we're still hand in hand all this time. I was just acting like I wasn't aware of it because of course I wanted to hold her.

"Ehem... if you'll excuse me, my cold breakfast looks like getting warm again and look, oh, the ants and rushing their way here. Must be too sweet", said Jisoo while munching her breakfast.

"Join us" mom said and I immediately pulled the chair for Jennie to sit.

The only seats left are the two that are beside each other. I don't know anymore if Jisoo and mom are doing this on purpose. Knowing mom is pushing me to find a girlfriend and Jisoo seem to look like she's pushing Jennie towards me. Well, that is if my instincts and judgments are accurate.

We started packing our things upon finishing our breakfast. We have to get going. We still got 13 Marco's on the list and I'm honestly starting to feel hopeless about it but Jennie believes and so I am.

After an hour, we're already back on the road to our next Marco. The ride was a bit sileng but I didn't mind because I was stealing glances of Jennie from the rearview mirror of my car.

When we reached the house, it looked sad and gloomy. I suddenly felt like some thing is not going to be fine.

"Are you looking for Marco Bruischweiler?" A man in his motorcycle asked and we nodded in response.

"I'll take you to him. Do you have a car? Follow me" he said and we immediately hopped back to the car to follow him.

He's taking us somewhere we don't know yet but I just followed. Anyway, the man doesn't seem to be harmful so I trusted.

Everyone is quiet on our way when somebody's phone buzzed.

"Hey" it's Jennie and I suddenly averted my attention to listening on her conversation over the phone.

"What? You're coming over here in 3 days?"
"Meeting some suppliers?"
"Still business?"
"Okay"
"Bye, I'll see you soon"
"I- I love you too"

Oh, that must be her fiancé. He's coming here? I felt my chest tightened especially after hearing her said I love you too to that man. I know I don't have the right to be jealous but I was so hurt. So hurt that I would just want to storm out if only I could.

Soon after, the man motioned us to a small area enclosed by high walls. We immediately jumped out of the car only to see that we're in a cemetery. Marco died already?

Mom suddenly felt silent as she was just standing in from of Marco's tomb.

"This is what I feared the most. To see mom once again get hurt" I said in a furious tone.

"But we don't know if that's really him. We still have 12 and maybe we could still find him" Jennie said.

"NO!!" I yelled and it startled her, "We're stopping this here. We will not find the other 12. Let's just stop this craziness. We're just wasting our time and I cannot afford to mom get hurt again" I groaned.

"We cannot just backout now, we still have hope. I have a feeling that it is not the Marco we're looking for. We can still---"

"NO, Stop this Jennie!! Nobody's going to find the other 12. I cannot let my mom suffer more pain. She lost her once and it pained her, she lost my father and it pained her, and now she lost him again and it's still painful for her! You don't know how it feels because you never knew how it feels of losing someone you love!!" I yelled and suddenly felt guilty when I saw how her eyes started to water.

"Excuse me" she said before she walked out and I was left alone looking at her while she's walking away. Jisoo followed her.

I felt sad. I felt bad. Hurting her wasn't even my plan.
But I was hurt, hearing her how she said she loves him too made my life shatter. Once again, I felt alone.

"What was that, Lisa?" Mom asked still standing in front of Marco's grave. I remained silent, not knowing what to say. I know I was wrong.

"That girl knows the pain. She experienced it. Her mother chose to leave her when her father died. However, her mom died days after she left her. That girl felt more pain than you had. She was left with nothing and no one. Your father left you but at least he's still alive. Your mother never left you like how her mom did. Your mom did not die unlike hers. If anyone between the 2 of you has the right to say the words you just said, it is her", mom said making me feel more guilty. She was right. She had more but I was too insensitive.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know. I should've known. I should've not hurt her" I said in a very low voice.

"Don't hurt her just because you can't have her" mom said before leaving as she walks back to the car where Jennie and Jisoo are probably staying.