Chapter 24

[Lisa's POV]

"Jennie Rubyjane Kim, will you marry me?"

Those were the last words I uttered and I was kneeling here in front of her for more than a minute already. Scared of repeating the same question I wasn't even sure what the answer is.

She looks shocked, or probably surprised and scared. Is there something wrong with what I just said?

"Say yes, say yes!" I heard the people chanted. Giggling at the sight of me proposing to her.

And her eyes started to water. Both hands covering her mouth as she stare down at me.

"Y-you don't have to answer it if you're n-not yet ready, Jennie. I-I can wait for you unti-----"

"W-what? Lisa, no! I mean, y-YES! Of course it's a yes!!"

Whoo, it was a relief. Finally, a YES!

"R-really?"

"Of course, silly" she said as she pulled me up for a hug and I put the ring on her.

"Thank you, Jennie. You don't know how much this means to me, how happy you made me. I love you so much!" And I hugged her once more. Tighter this time, much more emotions attached as tears ran down from my eyes.

"No, Lisa. You surprised me. You made me the happiest woman on earth today"

"Happier days are coming, Jennie" I promised and leaned for another kiss.
.
.
.

"It's amazing how it fits perfectly" Rosé uttered making us chuckle.

"Dadaaaaa" we heard Leo again, it's been what he continuously says since he first said it.

"Leooooo" Jennie and I said in unnison as we get him from my mom and engulfed him in an embrace.

"I knew you belong to my daughter, Jennie" mom said.

"Thank you, Leslie. Or should I start to call you mom too?" Jennie responded and hugged my mom and Marco.

"Just call me mom. I'd be more comfortable" mom answered.

"I guess Kim's would deduct one" Mr. Kim said from behind us. Making me flinch, making me freeze.

***
"Just don't you ever hurt her. I've seen her hurt so much when my brother died. I don't want to see her in pain again"
***

I remembered those last words he said right before Jennie and Leo arrived.

The one question I wasn't answered yet.

What does it suppose to mean.

"You okay, honey?" Jennie asked sending me back to senses.

"Y-yea... Hello, Mr. Kim, thanks for trusting me with Jennie. You wouldn't regret. I promise" I said offering a handshake to him.

And giving him the look he knows.

And he wasn't even bothered. He smiled back, another knowing smile. Hell, I'm starting to feel very weird.

"May I have my daughter for a moment, Lisa?" He asked and I was left with no other option but to let him.

"Yea, sure dad"
.
.
.

It's running late, the guests started to go home gradually leaving me, Jennie, and Leo and our closest family and friends in the venue.

"Heard you've been off from work since last week" Jennie uttered making me nervous.

"Uuhhhh... yea, I was busy settling things for this day. You know, I wouldn't take less for you and Leo" I mannaged to explain, though my insides are starting to commit suicide. Scared of how Jennie would react.