Chapter 17

[Jennie's POV]

"Jennie unnie!" I heard s scream from inside the house.

"Ella!" I called, it's been a while since I last saw her and our parents. Ever since I got my own job, I decided live on my own without depending on my parents' wealth.

Mom and Dad owns the biggest hospital here in Gangnam, Seoul. Ever thought why I did not become a doctor? Well, my parents want me to, but it's just that my heart isn't in that industry, luckily my parents are supportive and let me choose the field of my own.

And now, I finally see my only sister again, Ella. She's grown up already. It's only been a year when I last visited here but she grew up so fast and my heart flutters so much.

"I missed you unnie. Mom and Dad told me you'll be having a baby. Does that mean I'll become an auntie?" She asked as we both hugged each other.

"Yes, Ella. And you will be the most adorable auntie" I chuckled as I ruffled her hair.

"Let's come inside. Mom and Dad are waiting for you and your baby's daddy" she replied while dragging me inside the house.

"Lisa, go inside with me. Mom and Dad wants to meet you" I extended my hand to reach for her. Seeing her giving me a straight face gives a pang in my chest. I know how hurt she is right now and maybe she's really confused on who's the daddy. But believe me I know, I really know and feel that this is hers. Or maybe I just feel it because I want it to be her baby?

"They want to meet me just because they are thinking that your baby is mine" she replied coldly without taking my hand and walked straight towards our house.

For a moment I felt so devastated. I hate myself for getting in to this kind of situation, I hate seeing Lisa getting hurt, and I hate seeing myself being hurt by how Lisa is treating me now.

Without a word to say, all I could do is just to let out a sigh and hoped that everything will be fine sooner.

"Oh, finally... our eldest. Still as beautiful as ever" Mom greeted as soon as we get inside.

"Mom..." I hugged her tightly, Dad followed and hugged me tight too.

"Mom, Dad, Ella... please meet Lisa, my love and the ONLY daddy of OUR baby" I introduced her emphasizing that she's the one and the only daddy of our forthcoming baby.

"Lalisa Manoban, ma'am and sir" she responded bowing to both my parents and to Ella as well.

"Just call us mom and dad too, you're already part of the family" Dad responded making me smile.

"Jennie unnie is right, you're pretty handsome Lisa unnie! I knew it, unnie will not choose an ugly one" Ella uttered making all of us laugh.

After some small talks, Mom and I started to prepare for the dinner while dad and Lisa had some serious chitchat while walking around the garden.

"I'm not against any of your decisions, Jennie. Lisa is such a good person. I can tell by how she respects us and the way she looks at you and cares for you is enough for me to trust her even if I'm honestly shocked of you getting pregnant immediately" Mom said while putting the foods in the platter.

"I know mom, we didn't plan this. It's just that maybe we've been careless. But you know what mom, Lisa was so happy when she knew about it... but...." I said and suddenly stopped remembering what happened in the mall with Kai.

"But?" Mom inquired.

"Uhhh... nothing mom" I answered in a very low voice.

"Tell me, Jennie. I'm your mother" she insisted.

Should I tell my mom? I'm afraid that things might get worst and Lisa and I haven't talked about it either. But I cannot go on my life with this, mother knows best.... yes, my mom knows best.

"But.... we saw Kai in the mall and he claims that this is his baby" I finally said.

"What? Why? Is there any chance that it is his?" Mom assked, confused.

"Y-yes mom..." I answered.

"Jisoos, Jennie what is this?" Mom asked in frustration.

"I don't know mom. We had sex several times before we broke up. I got period once before something happened between me and Lisa. But she said there can be a chance that the baby is not hers. She's hesitant, she's confused... But I feel it is hers mom. What should I do?", frustrated, I almost said those words out loud without minding whoever would be able to hear it.

"Jennie... we cannot just believe it is hers if you'll just say it is hers. Of course she will doubt. Even if you'll stand in her position now, you'll probably feel the same. The best that you can do is to prove her what you believe is...." Mom stopped for a moment as if she's thinking for the best solution.

"And how?" I inquired.

"We'll do a paternity test" Lisa said out of nowhere which made mom and I flinch and look at her direction.

"Lisa..." I uttered.

"We'll do a paternity test Jennie. That's the only way we can assure if the baby is mine" she continued.

"Y-yes... we will" I agreed.

"But while waiting for the results, I will return to Thailand Jennie. I'll come back, I'll just need to settle some things" and that gave me so much pain. Is she doing this to escape from seeing me? Or to run away from me and the baby? No. Please, God don't let her leave us alone.

"How long will that be?" I asked trying to stop myself to cry.

"I don't know. I'll come back as soon as I can" she said still in a cold tone.

"Okay..."
.
.
.

Three days, three days after Lisa met my family we contacted Kai to inform him about the paternity testing which he gladly accepted and took the opportunity.

"Thank you for letting me be part of this, I am really happy that you consider me to be part of the baby's life" Kai said before the procedures began.

"We're not doing this for you, man. We are doing this just because we want to know who the real dad is. Don't assume too much" Lisa answered with a stern voice and all I was able to do was to hug her and comfort her.

The nurse took the DNA samples from both Lisa and Kai and take the fetus' DNA sample from me.

During the whole procedure, everyone was silent while I'm nervous. Really nervous of what could possibly happen.

"Thank you again, Jennie and Lisa. This is really something for me and my mind would be at peace to know the result. And Jennie? Please consider marrying me again if the baby is mine. We'll build a good home for the baby" Kai said while smiling as if he's trying to piss Lisa.

"Fuck you!!" Lisa yelled before walking out.