Y6 C3~ Katie Bell

Seeing Draco acting odd at Hogsmeade— at Hogwarts, even— was arising not only suspicion in me, but in Harry as well. I had managed to pick up on Harry's growing obsession with the Slytherin, which meant only one thing: Harry was after my man. Just kidding. But it was peculiar, nonetheless.

Almost immediately after spotting Draco looming around the Three Broomsticks— where I was also having a glass of butterbeer with Ron, Harry and Hermione— the new Professor at Hogwarts, Slughorn, had invited Harry, Hermione and I to a dinner party he was hosting.

I snorted and cupped my mouth and nose with my palm once Slughorn and realised Ron had been sitting there, then disregarded him entirely in the most awkward way I had ever seen in my life, before quickly leaving.

"HA! The old man rejected you! Of all people!" I teased; erupting with laughter from beside Hermione as I rocked back and forth in my chair. I could feel Hermione chuckle from next to me, her body vibrating from struggling to keep her laugh in.

Ron crossed his arms and huffed. "It wasn't that funny." Ron grumbled, pouting like a child.

I wiped an imaginary tear from my eye with my knuckle, then grabbed a napkin from the table and tabbed under my eye for good measure. By this point Harry was snickering and Ron's lips were twitching with a small smile.

When I finally stopped, I noticed some of the cream from Hermione's butterbeer remained on under her nose, at which I silently pointed at it with my thumb when Hermione wasn't looking so Ron could pick up the detail.

I seemed to click, and he understood why I was pointing it out to the red-head.

"You've got a little something there." Ron said to Hermione, gesturing to his own moustache-area with his index finger.

She felt her face and realised what he meant, and quickly turned away and wiped its contents on her sleeve that she had rolled up past the heel of her palm.

Yes, it's sailing now, I thought to myself with a smirk.

Harry looked at me with a confused look, to which I mouthed 'they're in love' and switched my finger between the two. Harry only grinned. He thinks I'm joking.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

We were walking over the bridge on the way back to Hogwarts. The wind was being especially annoying as it send snow flying in all sorts of directions. I could just tell my face was pale and the bridge of my nose was tinted pink. My lips were most probably blue, too.

Hermione slung an arm around me and Ron, and at this I took the chance to grab Harry and sling my arm through his, pulling him into my side. He un-hooked his elbow from my own and slid his gloved hand into mine. I ignored the feeling and returned the holds we walked down, until we all heard a female scream.

"I told her not to touch it!" The girl whom I assumed let out the scream cried, glancing at us as she looked on, fearful.

A girl in a red puffer jacket hovering several metres above the ground, arms outstretched and her face imprinted with with a terrifying look as cacophony sounded. Her hair twisted and turned around her face until she did a nose-dive head first and hit the ground.

"Was she cursed?" I asked to no one in particular as I walked towards what looked to be a hideous-looking necklace (that would not look good on anyone. Not even myself, mind you, which is saying something), that was making all sorts of whispering noises.

But who did this?