XXIV

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter Twenty four

Check.

Helped the guard. Another plus point. Check.

Mehar sighed and let herself fall back. She could not believe she had her finals after a month and she was busy making some check list.

Just like Zahyan's friend had suggested, from that point onward she really had been noticing little things about him and she noticed he won a bunch of points. To remember them all she made a list and she liked the fact that he had this much good in him; because the check list exceeded three pages.

She shook her head and sat up before getting ready for her class which was in a few hours.

*

She found him standing in the corner with his back to the world. She had a very good chance but just as she was about to walk upto him, she was towed back by the sea of people walking up to the front when the lecturer walked in.

The next chance Mehar had was when she found him in the cafeteria, but before she reached him, he got a call and after a second he simply vanished in thin air.

A pout tried to make its way to her lips, but she pursed them with the thought that she won't let go of the next chance she'd get and she was able to catch him leaving on time with Mashal's cousin. 'Zahyan!' she called.

Zahyan stopped when he heard his name and his friend did too. They turned slowly, Zahyan with his hand on the strap of his bag. When they saw Mehar, Zahyan's friend quietly slipped a few steps ahead but his ears were still in on what Mehar had to say.

She jogged upto Zahyan and held up her hand in which she had a few blank sheets. When she nodded her head towards the pages and held them higher, Zahyan looked at them with a puzzled face.

'I don't know what this is.'

'Take it, it's the bonus point list.' she waved the papers in front of him until he plucked them out of her fingers.

'What i-is this?' he hesitantly asked, the look of confusion on his face demanded clarification after reading some of it.

'After your friend hammered some talk in my brain, I simply couldn't ignore what he said.'

'What did he say?' he looked alarmed, his eyes searching for his friend whom he saw ahead. 'Don't pay heed to his useless words. Ignore him!' he said folding the papers untidely before attempting to shove them in his bag as he turned to leave.

Mehar chuckled and followed him. 'Hey!'

Zahyan kept on waking with his head down. Mehar noticed, his hair were no longer able to support his signature pony at the back of his head.

'I'm sorry if he did anything to offend you. I didn't send him to you, honest!' Zahyan apologised suddenly remembering the past few days, a week after he was pushed towards Mehar-un-Nisa by his friend in cafeteria. He had noticed her following him around often. He worried that she'd hit her head or was out to get him or something, but it was clear now, that that was all thanks to his friend.