XVIII

*Enjoy Reading*

It had been two weeks since they both were married and two weeks with Shehwar ignoring Ozhan despite his every effort to make their new lives as much normal as they could get.

It was a hard task; Ozhan admitted to himself and asked ALLAH to grant him patience whenever he found it wearing thin.

Like right then, when he found his black shoes he just polished fifteen minutes back, blotched with horrible neon pink nail paint.

Where did she get this colour from, though?

He knew it was Shehwar's doing. She was taking some kind of revenge on him from the past some days by making his life miserable in any way she could.

Like the day before he got late to work because he kept waiting for her to leave the bathroom before realising what her intentions were. Ozhan had found himself smiling at her behaviour and shaking his head, he took his bath in the bathroom downstairs, for only other than the master bedroom it had warm water coming.

It seemed as if she was trying to make him realise what a horrible decision he had made by making her his life partner.

He shook his head. As if this would help or change his mind?

He sighed, taking out another pair of shoes to wear to his work, glad that he owned a small collection of them.

He just hoped that the surprise he had in stored for Shehwar would stop her from doing such childish things.

He didn't mind her having fun but he didn't also like his things being ruined.

*

Something slammed into her so hard that it nearly knocked the breath out of her, landing her into a coughing fit.

'I'm extremely sorry. I-it was an accident! I am sorry. You're not hurt, are you?' Zahyan asked giving her form a once over for any injuries.

When he found none, he quickly averted his eyes and palmed the back of his neck. Strange, he never did that before.

His appearance was also changed. His hair were shorter, cropped to his jaw. They were not touching his shoulders any more. And his shirt was buttoned up to the top, except the collar button which she knew was only left open because otherwise it would've choked him.

'I - I'll get going,' he nodded to himself as he pointed towards the direction of cafeteria with his thumb.

Zahyan walked away briskly, leaving Mehar wide-eyed as she stared after him.

She quickly composed herself and was about to walk to her next class when a figure blocked her path. She looked up to find a familiar face but she didn't know from where.

'Can I help you?'

'Actually, yes you can.' Mehar detected sarcasm.

'Uh… what kind.' she still asked just out of politeness.

'I know you aren't engaged anymore.'