XXV

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter Twenty Five

On their way back, Ozhan pointed out how lovely the weather was because it had been a while since they saw the sun up and out, shining bright.

'Should we have dinner outside?'

'Hunh? Uh yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Sure,' Shehwar nodded abruptly and looked outside the window tucking a piece of strand behind her ear.

'A nice walk would be great too,' he suggested.

'Yeah, it would be.' she nodded still looking outside.

'What do you want to eat?' he asked.

'No not bleak, I like a little brown colour.'

Ozhan tried not to laugh but he couldn't help it. He burst out, which caused the car to sway a little.

'ALLAH! What are you doing?!' she shrieked.

'I'm sorry!' he exclaimed sobering up and focusing on the road. 'Easy,'

'You shouldn't be driving in the first place!'

'But we couldn't solely depend on your cousins and uncles to drive us here and there. They have their own things to deal with too.' he reasoned.

'Still, we're here just for a little more time. I'm sure it would've been okay with cab or taxi.'

'Yes, but they wanted to help and I couldn't be arrogant about it, so I accepted. By the way, there was no need to move. We are only here for a while.' Ozhan shrugged when she turned to look at him. She sighed and turned back to look outside. 'You won't get it.'

Ozhan glanced at her before looking back ahead.

*

'Wait!' she turned with a start upon the call and found her father coming towards her.

When he reached her, he stated. 'I want to talk to you.'

'Okay,' Mehar nodded and was about to move to sit down when he told her to first get fresh. He told her to visit him in his study after she had her dinner. With her last days of semester, she would spend extra time studying in the library and usually get to home quite late.

'Alright, I'll be -'

'Don't rush yourself. Take your time. I can wait.'

'OK, Dad. Thanks.' she smiled and saluted before jogging her way to her room.

After she was done, she found her father where he promised she should look for him.

After three continuous knocks, she entered. The moment she sat across her father with the wooden desk between them, he began:

'A proposal came for you today.' he slowly tried to study her expression but she had her face as poker as ever.

'It was not formal or something, just a call. They wanted to come.'

'What did you say?'

Sighing, her father plucked a pen from it's holder and began playing with it, looking at it with a quite fascinated expression. 'I gave them the house address.'