XX

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter Twenty

The moment she entered the small cute looking house of her elder uncle, uncle Mehmood, Shehwar found herself surrounded with three little toddlers who came running to her and hugged her legs. Two boys and a girl clinged to her with their big doe like eyes looking up at her.

'They are your Mamma's cousin Madina's grandchildren; Fajr, Sulayman, and Fateh.' her uncle answered her unasked question.

'You're phopo Dur-e-Shehwar right?'

'What?' Shehwar chuckled bending down to their level. Ozhan smiled before following her uncle to the living room.

'Phopo?' she repeated.

'Mamma said it's phopo, it's what you call your aunt in where you came from, don't they?'

'It's phupo, but you guys are close.' she pinched their cheeks before standing back up when a shadow loomed over them.

'If it isn't mia nipote.'

Her younger uncle advanced and hugged her before taking her to meet the rest. The three siblings lagging behind.

Shehwar was first introduced to Aunt Madina, her son Khalil and his wife Ibtesam. Then she was introduced to her Uncle Mehmood's wife Marwa and uncle Usman's wife Rosa.

Then followed her cousins; Sophia the eldest, (but of course after Shehwar) was twenty. Her sister Norah was seventeen and their younger siblings Ayan and Sabrina were fifteen and thirteen respectively; of uncle Mehmood. Of uncle Usman, Leen was eighteen, Qasim, fifteen and Aria was a thirteen year old girl.

She was welcomed quite warmly by all of them which made her overwhelmed with a number of emotions. Happiness was at the top, for she felt like exploding when she realised how much they loved her with the way all of them sat by her and tried to engage in a conversation with her. Every once in a while, one person would ask if she felt comfortable or needed anything. She liked it along with the abrupt comment by Leen which had the excited chatter quiet down for a minute.

'Lei è proprio come la sua mamma!'

When all of them felt the couple a little at ease, they were brought over to the dining to have dinner as it was seven in the evening.

Ozhan ate a little, while Shehwar could hardly get anything down her throat. They were both hungry, but the exhaustion was just too much accompanied with jet lag and sleep.

'You both need rest,' aunt Rosa noticed. 'Yeah,' her husband agreed and suggested they should rest to which they both agreed.

'Don't hesitate to wake me up if I'm asleep when you come down. I'll heat up the food for you.' aunt Rosa said.

'It's alright auntie, we'll get any of these youngsters.' Shehwar smiled their way when she saw her cousins wave their hands and wolf down their meal. Uncle Usman got up along with Ozhan and Shehwar, and they made their way out of the kitchen.

Uncle Usman turned left just out the door into a small hallway which had a staircase at the end leading to the first floor. The three ascended the stairs quietly, Ozhan and Shehwar with heavy steps.