V

Assalam0Alaikum! 

So it's been soooo long and know that we missed you guys but we didn't have time to update the story because we have some internet problems. Though we will try to update now more frequently. 

This chapter is dedicated to you Antarctica_lover thanku for your love dear! :)

Here it is after a loooooooooooong wait. Once again Sowwy! 

***

He turned on the tap just when his eyes fell on the mirror and he stared at the man mirroring his actions. He had blood shot red eyes. His dark brown hair were in a mess. His lips were dry and colourless. He licked them to damp them a little. His eyes were hollow and dark circles surrounded them. He looked hollow, he felt hollow.

The man in the mirror was not Ozhan Baig. Soulless,

He broke eye contact with his mocking reflection and splashed cold water on his face when he heard his bedroom's door being open quietly. He sighed, his mother was here with a glass of milk for her son.

Holding onto the basin he shook his head to let the water droplets fall in every direction. He heard his bathroom door being knocked followed by the muffled voice of his mother; 'Ozhan.'

He took a glance at his reflection then took his towel off the hanger rubbing his face as he sighed and walked over to open the bathroom door.

He walked passed her and sat on the bed looking at his mother with a blank face. Then he turned his gaze to the glass of milk which rested peacefully on the nightstand. Throwing his towel on the couch across the room he took the glass and drank all it's contents in one go.

His mother was watching his every move intently and with every passing moment he had her worrying for he never acted this way. He was not the type to not acknowledge his mother's presence in the morning, not the type of person to throw his towel across the room carelessly.

And the empty look he kept giving her was like a cherry on top.

'Ozhan?'

He looked at his mother deadpanned before he stood up and went to his dresser as he rolled down his cuff and buttoned them. He ran his hands in his damp hair as he wore his wrist watch.

He was wearing his simple white shirt with black dress pants not bothering to wear his coat as he walked towards his mother and giving her a quick kiss on her forehead he mumbled,

'I won't be back for dinner on time. I have work to take care of. Allah Hafiz.'

He exited his room leaving his worried and confused mother behind.

~~~***~~~

He heard his office door being knocked followed by his secretary's voice as she asked for his permission to come in.

'Yes.' he mumbled as he continued to work without bothering to look up.

'Sir Mr. Sherwani is here.' he stopped typing on his laptop and looked at Iraj his secretary.

'What?'

'Your friend Mr. Sherwani is here. Said you weren't picking up your phone.'

He cursed under his breath as he turned his phone on and the second thousand notifications popped on.

'You alright sir?'

'Yes. Tell him to come in here.'

'Yes sir.'

Moments later his office room was knocked once again and then someone with whom he had a brotherly relation entered.

'Hey.'

'Yeah.' he mumbled as he looked up and gave his friend Umer a small smile.

'You're not good. What happened to your eyes?'

'I'm alright Umer.' he sighed and then rubbed his eyes as he stopped a yawn.

'Did you sleep last night?' Umer gave Ozhan a look who averted his eyes.

'Wasn't able to.'

'Why may I ask?' Ozhan shrugged but didn't reply. He had none.

Umer sighed, 'Look Oz... I know something's wrong but don't let it get to you. You can tell me may be I can help.'

'You can't-'

'Will you let me for once!' Ozhan sighed glancing at the time.

'Let's go outside.' he said standing up.

'Ozhan for how long will you run?'

'I'm not. Let's go, I have a lot to tell you.' he sighed.

~~~***~~~

'You'll be back 'till morning right?'

Mehar ran back in her bathroom to plug her dryer as Shehwar laid on her bed.

'Nah. The girls will be their and we all planned on going out for shopping so it'll take time. It's highly unlikely for me to return that early.'

'Mmhm.'

'Why?'

'Nothing I was just wondering.' Shehwar shrugged as she sat on the bed now.

Mehar popped her head out and looked at her elder sister, 'Right.' she dragged and went back.

'Really.'

'Did I ask Apiya?'

'Well no I was ... no no you didn't,' she waved her hand away at Mehar who gave her sister a wink.

'Is everything alright?'

'Yeah.' she twiddled with her thumbs as Mehar sat down beside her.

'I have my interview tomorrow and I was wondering if you'd accompany me?'

Mehar sighed as she laid her hand on Shehwar's shoulder, 'You know I'd be there if it wasn't for the party right?'

'I know and that's why I love you.' she smiled and kissed Mehar's cheek who gave her a look and rubbed her cheek furiously.

'Ugh I just washed my face!'

'And that's why it's wayyy more fun!' she winked and stood up.

'Go now I have to get ready.'

'Yeah yeah.' Shehwar rolled her eyes as she walked towards the door.

'By the way,' she held the door knob as she faced Mehar, 'You look stunning lil' sis.' she smiled at Mehar who smiled back.

***

Thank You soooo much for your patience. Thanks for the love and support. We love you guys!

Next Chapiie will be updated soon InshaAllah :)

~~~NDK~~~