XXIII

*Enjoy Reading*

Chapter Twenty three

Minutes passed before he heard some rustling and the door flew open. There she stood, his wife in front of him. Makeup free, hair loose, she was clad in a loose knee-length white shirt and white trousers.

He sucked in a breath. Breathtaking.

Even with a scowl on her face.

Ozhan coughed and attempted to compose himself. He had been knocking non-stop on the door calling her for breakfast but she did not come out or answered.

She only came out when Leen literally had the door pulled off it's hinges with her powerful banging.

After opening the door Shehwar wiped a hand down her face and exclaimed. 'Astaghfirullah!'

Leen ignored her and said instead. 'You made my favourite and only brother in law sleep outside in the cold! If he slept at all! Look at him.'

Shehwar's eyes flew to Ozhan and narrowed further. 'I can help you find four more.'

Leen put her hands on her waist and shook her head. She then reached out and grabbing Shehwar by her right arm, she began pulling her out of the room and towards the stairs.

At first, Shehwar stumbled after Leen because of her loose footing but then she tried to stop and started digging her feet in the floor. 'Leen! M-my veil. At least let me get it!'

'Brother Ozhan, please bring her veil and sweater. I can't have her go back in the room, I don't trust her.' Leen called over her shoulder.

Ozhan sighed and picked both the things from the room before he followed them down the stairs. He handed both the things to Leen and went ahead leaving them behind. While Leen denied to move even when Shehwar told her to. When Shehwar was done wearing the sweater and had put the veil around her, she was once again dragged by her arm towards the living room.

The echoing laughter coming from there made her feel a bit better and light. Maybe, just maybe, she was able to make the vibes of the house more welcoming and warm.

*

'Tell me what's wrong.' she heard him whisper suddenly in her ear which made her nearly jump out of her skin and whip her head ninety degrees to her side.

When did he come here? She didn't even hear him?

She folded her arms and looked up at him. Her eyes were red rimmed, he noticed. She didn't sleep too.

'Why?'

He opened his mouth to say something before he closed it, he opened it yet again when a thought popped in his head. 'Hey, did you insist on coming here to treat me like this?'

'Who threatened to abuse or torture you here?' Shehwar retorted.

The mental torture! Woman you have no idea...

He rose his eyebrows and nodded to himself. 'Okay, at least eat something. You haven't since morning. You need the energy to deal with your hyper cousins.' Ozhan chuckled.

'We heard it!' Norah yelled from her position on the couch in front of the T.V.

'And we took it as a compliment.' Qasim added when he came with Aria and both the siblings stood in front of the couple on the other side of the kitchen counter.