One bullet to his brain and he was gone.

My bulletproof vest was entirely showcased now, uncovering and baring all of my vulnerable skin. As anticipated, the offenders' shots now were aimed at my exposed skin. I cursed as a dagger embedded itself in my arm, caught by the armor, missing my skin by mere inches.

I shot down the woman who had thrown it.

Wait. Woman?

My eyes immediately sought out her face, panic suddenly filling every inch of my body.

A heavy relief was lifted off my shoulders as I realized that it had not been her. I swallowed hard as my thoughts turned to her. I didn't even know if she was hurt.

Images filled my mind.

Images of her being tortured like she had been.

By my own men, this time round.

I blocked out my thoughts as I refocused on the task at hand. I ripped away the dagger and threw it at an oncoming attacker. He fell back with a cry as the others charged at me, either with daggers or shooting bullets. I was an easy target.

"The explosive 56," I spoke into my earpiece.

"But boss—" the man argued.

"Do it," I ordered.

Just as they closed in, the explosive rolled down and with a puff of smoke, the entire room was obscured by white mist, blinding everyone. Shots were fired aimlessly as they struggled to gain bearings of their surroundings.

My protective eyewear had been discarded somewhere earlier in the fight which resulted in me having to use my mental map of the place to find my way out. All of my men had evacuated the place as I instructed them to fill the entire wing with Carbon Monoxide.

The mist obscuring my vision, I tried to make my way across and out of the wing. A hand suddenly grabbed my ankle and pulled me down and before I knew it, the barrel of a gun came slamming down on my forehead, hitting the side of my head as I rolled away. The man screamed, alerting the others of my presence. I cursed and tried to feel my way around. Shots were being fired again as they tried to gain bearing of my exact location, not caring that they were hitting their own men.

A bullet grazed my bare shoulder and I held in my howl of pain. My protective clothing was disintegrating and I was an even easier target.

"Sir?" the voice in my earpiece spoke, still awaiting my command to release the gas.

I didn't answer as a dagger flashed just in line of my sight. The Greenwoodery seemed to have their eye-goggles at least. It hurtled towards my chest, straight at my heart but ricocheted off of my almost scale-skinned vest. I growled and flashed my own knife and caught the man around the neck. Using the man as a shield, I waded through, any onslaughts caught by the man as I made my way out.

"Now!" I growled into my headpiece as I threw the man back into the wing and slammed the door close. Screams erupted as they realized what was happening. The mist clearing out only to reveal the poisonous gas flooding in.

"Boss! The East wing is set ablaze!"

"Get the men out and—"

My words were cut off by my father's booming voice as it filled the entire mansion.

"Greenwoodery. Your daughter, the heir, is with me and if you do not ceasefire at once, her death shall not be on my hands."

Ice filled my nerves.

She had been caught.

For extra effect, Father showcased a live video of her, tied up and gagged, looking as beautiful as ever, her eyes unwavering and filled with an igniting flame.