Chapter 24

I had my exams tomorrow. And I was panicking. I felt like everything that I had learnt just suddenly vanished from my mind.

Maybe I didn't learn enough. I thought and quickly took my books out and began referring to them again and answering questions.

I always did this before my exams. I would get so stressed out that I would probably end up having a migraine.

Even though I was a certified prankster, I still took my studies very seriously. I needed to get an A+ on all my subjects and I wouldn't accept anything else. Knowing that, Dad decided to visit me.

He had come home early from his business trip after he heard that I had hurt myself. I had broken down on him that day, feeling very thankful to have such a caring father.

He didn't ask why I was crying. He just wrapped me up in his arms and gave me the comfort that only a parent could give. He also agreed to watch a movie with me later that night.

Now, a week later, he entered my room in his usual business suit. "We are going out," he informed me, buttoning his sleeve.

"W-what?" I asked. "But Dad, I have my exams tomorrow!"

"And that's exactly why we are going out. You have been cooped up in your room this entire week. You need some air."

The twins followed Dad into my room, already dressed. "This was planned?" I asked, playfully glaring at the twins.

"Yup. You were getting way too stressed. Now, c'mon on. I'll help you dress up,"Eva said, clapping her hands.

My eyes widened.

"Oh, no no no. I can do that on my own," I said, pushing an offended Eva out of my room.

If Eva ever dressed me up, it would be hours before either of us came out of the room.

I quickly dressed up in a classic black dress, which almost reached my knees and finished the look with a simple pearl necklace and black stilettos.

Knowing Dad, he would probably take us to one of the most expensive restaurants in town so I had to dress the look.

I put on some mascara on my eyelashes and swiped an eyeliner over my eyes. Applying a light pink lipgloss, I grabbed my purse and made my way downstairs.

"Alright, let's go," Dad said and walked over to the driver's seat of the Mercedes.

I was impressed. Dad rarely ever drove, preferring his chauffeur to drive him around.

We quickly climbed into the car and drove off.

As expected, we arrived at The Millers, one of the most recommended and extravagant restaurant in town.

Walking in, my father called over a worker, who just happened to be the manager. Dad told his name and the manager immediately straightened up, beaming.

"Yes sir. We have got a table for you. Right this way, sir." He led the way.

We were lead to a table near the window with exactly four seats. All of us sat around the table as the managed hurried away to bring us our menus.

"Here you go, sir," he smiled broadly.

We received our menus and began ordering our favored dishes.