Chapter 11

A/N
Sorry for the interruption guys, but just wanted to tell you  to get ready for some (hanky panky) interesting scenes with Xavier and Elaine. ;)

Have fun

Have fun.

*********

Sunday passed by in a blur and before I knew it, I was waking up to the annoying beeping of my alarm. I felt like bringing the person who invented alarms back from the dead and killing him again, making it more torturous this time round.

I showered and put on my favorite pair of jeans with a shirt that said, "Mondays are the days of hell". It was true and I'm pretty sure the entire population of human beings can agree to this.

"Ma'am, your ride is waiting for you," the housemaid's voice called.

"Coming in a sec," I hollered back.

That's what she said, my mind retorted.

I ignored my messed up brain and quickly made my way downstairs. Yelling goodbye to my father, I jumped into the car to find the driver to be, the one and only, Jake Collins.

"Hey!" I squealed, jumping on top of him and squeezing the life out of him.

"Hey. I can sense the love, sweetheart, but I would really appreciate it if you stopped killing me over here," Jake laughed. I uncoiled my arms from around him and gasped when I saw his face.

There was a deep gash on the corner of his lip and he had a black eye which looked really painful.

"Did Dad do this to you?" I asked him in a small voice.

"No, no," Jake said, immediately bringing me some guilty relief before the guilt started up again full force. "I got into a fight again." It was hard to decipher whether he was telling the truth or not.

"Jake..." I started.

"Elaine. Stop worrying so much. You'll get grey hair," Jake joked and I cracked a smile.

I could tell that he didn't want to talk about it, but I couldn't just ignore it if his injuries were my fault.

"Jake. Tell me honestly. Was it Dad or someone related to him who did this to you?" I asked.

Jake didn't answer. After a while, he said, "We have our jobs Elaine, and I failed at mine. So I deserved what I got."

"No, you didn't!" I exclaimed. "I convinced you to allow me to take the car and all for that stupid boy who—"

By the drastic change in Jake's expression, I knew I slipped up. His face was serious, not even a minute ago and now he was grinning toothily at the chance of teasing me.

"That stupid boy? You never told me that you went out with a boy that day."

"It's not important okay? And it turned out to be a bad decision anyway," I muttered, tugging on the ends of my ponytail.