Chapter 45

Waking up for school its self was exhausting the next day. I had dark rings under my eyes due to the lack of sleep I was getting.

I dragged my feet up and about, certainly not excited to go to school. Heading out, I grabbed an apple and slipped into Ivan's car.

"How freaking long do you take to get ready?" he complained.

"Good morning to you too," I rolled my eyes.

We arrived at school in a frenzy, with Starbucks in our hands, hurrying to get to class. We were about 10 minutes late, again, and knowing our teachers, they were sure to give us a detention.

I groaned. I had Chemistry first period and she was gong to kill me. I pushed open the door and stumbled inside, missing a step.

Way to embarrass yourself, Elaine.

The entire class turned to look at me and I offered them a sheepish wave. Most of them grinned back at me, waiting for the drama that was about to ensure.

"Miss Greene!" shouted Ms. Burnhill. "Do you know what the time is?"

I opened my mouth to reply when all of a sudden, the door behind me opened again, nearly causing me to fall on Ms. Burnhill. I hurriedly moved out of the way as 3 huge beefy guys strolled in.

"Who are you?" spat Miss Burnhill.

"Your new students," they replied in perfect sync, giving me the chills.

They all looked the exact same, except one had blue eyes, the other had green and the third one had a unique assortment of both blue and green. I had to admit, they were quite handsome. The girls in this class surely thought so, judging by the googly eyes.

"There are no admissions this late in the year!" Miss Burnhill huffed. She would know.

"Well, we are here now," said Blue Eyes.

"Fine, take your seats," Ms. Burnhill burned - that was a good one.

I took that as my cue to slouch to my seat. Almost incidentally, three seats were available right in front of where I sat.

The triplets took their seat. Blue Eyes turned to me.

"Hey, my name is Chris," he introduced.

"Mine is Cayden," Green Eyes said.

Assortment kept quiet. Ah, another silent one.

"And that's Cyrus," Green Eyes, oops, Cayden finished.

I flashed them a smile, "Elaine."

Ms Burnhill coughed and called Chris on the board to solve and balance some sort of equation and find the limiting reagent. Cyrus rolled his eyes as she then called Cayden and fired questions at him.

She seemed to hate them already.

To add to that, the triplets were a smart bunch. They were gonna be the talk of the school. I was out of my seat as soon as the bell rang. As I walked down the hallway, someone came up behind me and wrapped their hands around my eyes.

"Guess who?" The familiar voice asked.

"Hm, let me think. Do I know you?" I teased.

Andrew and I had resolved the issue where he had kissed me. I told him that I wasn't looking for anything right now and that I wasn't ready and all that crap. I actually felt sorry for him, he had to like me.

He humphed and released me. "So I was thinking..."

"You were thinking...?" I asked, eyebrow raised.