Chapter 9

Waking up in the morning with a killer headache and soreness is such a bummer. Knowing that I'm going to get scolded and probably grounded for my mistake is just the icing on the cake.

And no, I did not get drunk and have sex.

With a groan, I reluctantly rose up from my bed. Yesterday was one heck of a day and it had taken its toll on me.

I entered the bathroom with one hand on my head, trying to get rid of the soreness and pain. I knew I shouldn't be having a shower, especially since I had my head hit pretty hard last night. But damn it, I really wanted to have a shower and relax and that's what I did.

Turning on the shower I let out a sigh as the warm water hit me. I had a fetish for really really warm water hitting my body. So warm that my skin turned red afterwards. I don't know why but it causes a sense of relief to my body.

I stood there under the shower, wondering if my refusal of using the Jacuzzi today was actually sensible.

Who cares. I thought. It would help prolong the inevitable scolding I am going to get anyway.

Turning off the shower, I stepped out of it, not really caring that I was spouting water everywhere. I took off the lid to the Jacuzzi and checked the temperature of the water.

Warm enough. I thought before climbing into the pristine white body. I reached to my side and retrieved a remote control where I pressed a few buttons, causing the sprays of water to start. Bubbles and foam started forming in the water as I pressed another button.

I waited until my whole body was covered with the fluffy foam and bath oils and salts before completely relaxing my winded body. I stared at the ceiling, lost in thought of everything and anything as my pent up muscles uncoiled, releasing all the tension bundled up in there. My sleep hadn't been a fitful one and my crankiness was no bonus.

Finally, after spending about an hour in the Jacuzzi, I lathered some shampoo and conditioner into my hair. Gently massaging my scalp I winced when I reached the sore spot. After scrubbing my body with scented lotion, I walked out of the bathroom, wrapping my fluffy blue towel around me.

I almost screamed when I found Jake lying on my bed, texting away on his phone.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I hissed, walking to my walk-in wardrobe. I pulled on a loose, black long sleeved top, pairing it off with black ripped jeans and my grey sneakers.

"You know it won't matter even if you were butt-naked," Jake replied rolling his eyes.

I just humphed in reply, letting my hair lose as it was still wet. My hands scrambled around my dressing table for my necklace. But before I could search for it, the door to my bedroom opened as my father stood in the doorway.

Uh-oh.

Jake immediately pushed himself to a sitting position as my father glared at both of us.

"You were supposed to be at breakfast 40 minutes ago," Dad informed me in a stern voice. "And you were supposed to bring her down as soon as possible," he said coldly, pointing a finger at Jake.

"I'm sorry, sir. She just came out of the bathroom, sir," Jake said, bowing his head in respect.

Dad didn't answer. Instead, he walked back down the stairs, a silent command following him, follow me. No pun intended.

Sighing, I ran downstairs to catch up with Dad before he could get even angrier at me.

"Dad, I—" I started but was cut off.