Chapter 1

Hmph!

Why are these suitcases so heavy?

Well, shouldn't you be knowing that since it's your suitcase? My inner voice said.

Shut up.

I really should've taken up the butler's offer to carry these. I thought sullenly.

Glancing at my side, I saw Jake watching me amusedly. His hands were stuffed into his pockets casually.

"Stop staring and help me," I groaned.

"Well, I'm not the one who refused to let anyone else carry them upstairs, was I?" he asked, making no move to help me out.

I glared at him.

"You know I could get you fired for your shitty attitude right?"

"Nah. You love me too much," he said grinning. "See, this is how you–oomph!" He nearly fell by the weight of my luggage. He had attempted to show how he could carry them without any effort because of his muscles. Poor boy almost fell off the porch.

I snickered, "You were saying?"

"What the hell do you carry around in these? Bricks?" he asked, sagging slightly under the weight.

"It's not my fault that Aunt Louise filled them with so much rubbish," I replied, shrugging and trying to conceal my laughter at the same time.

He grumbled under his breath but followed me as I made my way to the double doors.

Jake was the latest bodyguard whom I had not scared away, yet. I tried, trust me, but he wouldn't budge. It's not exactly a secret that I hate bodyguards but Jake was fine, I guess. The moron was kind of my friend.

The security guard outside the house opened the main door hurriedly. I was greeted by the familiar and warm atmosphere of my living room, a little too big for having only two inhabitants. A winding set of stairways lead upstairs, while a huge chandelier hung above it. In the corner of the room was a grand white piano gathering dust. My Dad used to play the piano a lot before but ever since...

Nope, no sad memories for now.

Standing right in the middle, was my handsome father in his navy suit, with his arms opened wide for me.

"Dad!" I yelled, running into his open arms. It may seem childish but my father and I were very close and I really missed him. I hadn't spoken to him since I left for the holidays, except for the Skype and FaceTime conversations, of course.

He laughed softly and hugged me back.

"How was your time with your Aunt and cousins?" Dad asked, walking towards the reclining couches.

"It was great! Aunt Louise has me loaded. I'm not even sure if all the clothes and accessories will fit in my wardrobe," I said, exasperated.

He chuckled, nodding once at Jake who had just returned after dropping my baggages in my room.

"How are the twins?" Dad asked.

"They are good. Crazy as ever. And they are still alive. So all good," I replied, smiling.

"Hm..." Dad said, but he seemed a little distracted. "Why don't you get refreshed and we can talk over dinner?" he suggested.