Looking up a girl smiled at me "Hi I'm Lacy, I'll be your server today. Can I start you off with something to drink?"

"Yeah, I'll have some water and a club sandwich." With a nod, paired with a smile she walked off to place my order.

Giving a heavy sigh I looked back at the paper. This was harder than I thought what if they don't rent to me, then what? I am only eighteen after all. I heard a familiar voice making my head snap up. I felt relief when I saw Frank. My old boss, he was on the phone but when he looked this way, he froze, and just taking me in. I'm sure I look like hell I've been crying all night and then didn't get much sleep either. I wave to say hi as he made his way over to me when he hung up the phone.

"What are you doing? Why aren't you in school?" Frank said stern. He looked at all my things then back to me but I didn't say anything. "Are you alright, you look like you haven't gotten any sleep." I nodded at him.

"Well, I've had a crazy few days," I saw his eyes look down at the paper and frowned.

"Why are you looking for apartments?" I felt my eyes water. "Is everything okay?" he questioned this time I shook my head no.

"I'm pregnant, my dad found out and kicked me out. So now I have to find somewhere to live." I whipped the tear that fell down my cheek.

"Have you told the father of the baby? He is half responsible as well, since he was the one who didn't think to put on a condom." He said looking at the girl who was bring the food out to me.

But he didn't look long he looked back to me.

"Can I get you anything Sir?" she asked him and he shook his head no. Nodding she walked away.

"I told him, he didn't believe the baby was his."

I pushing the food away my hunger went down the drain.

He pushed the food back to me. "You need to eat you're eating for two now. Valentina." my heart tugged a little at least he cares a little right?

When I wasn't picking up the food to eat. He moved to the seat next to me and picked up the sandwich and held it up for me to bite it. "Come on, I know you're hungry." I sighed giving in and taking a bite. After that he left me eat the rest myself.

When I was going to start looking at apartments again Frank's hand covered it. "C'mon, I know somewhere." He said putting money on the table grabbing my bag. I tried to argue about the money but he told me not to worry about it.

"So where are we going?" I said a little unsure about where we were heading.

He took a side glance at me then looking forward again. "You'll see," was all he said making me frown. Yeah that was a great answer! I thought to myself.

So I decided to just look down at my feet as we walked. Because the last thing I need was to trip or something. When I finally looked up I saw the restaurant Frank owned. Smiling to myself, I thought he was going to kill me. Not that he would never do that. I followed him inside and sighed. Great stairs! Note the sarcasm, we went all the way up where he pulled out keys. Putting it in the door knob he pushed the door open gesturing for me to walk in first.

So I did.

I walked in looking around, I never knew there was an apartment up here. There wasn't much, it had a small dining table, a basic kitchen. I walked around the corner into the living room it had one long sofa and a small medium flat screen. Then a hall way which I'm sure the leads to the bathroom and the bedroom. I looked over at Frank.

He was watching me.

"What do you think?"

"What do you mean?"