matching

Leia's pov

Everything is perfect. Nick and I have been dating for a month so far- we don't live together, but we see each other almost every day and stay over at each other's places.

I smile as I hear the ring of the doorbell. I run to the door and squeeze Nick tight. He laughs as he wraps an arm around my waist. "I brought pizza for dinner!" He says as I lock the door. "And I have popcorn," I reply. We look at each other. "Movie night!" We say at the same time. "Jinx!" Nick yells as he puts the box of pizza on the table. I smile and roll my eyes.

"Pizza hut's definitely my favourite," Nick mumbles as he downs his second slice. After he's finished, he pauses before saying, "I was thinking, we should get matching rings for fun! We can get each other's names engraved on them." I nod excitedly. "Yeah! Tomorrow?" Nick nods as he reaches for his third slice. "Do you want to ask Joe and J?" I laugh as I remember the last time Joe tried giving J a ring. "Sure, Joe needs one to match J's."

Joe's pov

"Hey!" I smile as Nick's face can finally be seen clearly on facetime. "What's up?"

"Tomorrow we're getting matching rings! Wanna come?" Nick says excitedly as Leia appears in the background. She smirks as she sees who Nick is calling. "Yeah, you should probably get a ring to match J's since it didn't end too well the last time," she teases as she walks past. I roll my eyes. "Yeah, should we ask Kev and Dani too?" Nick nods. "I'll call them later."

A few hours later, when J's asleep in my room, I call Nick again. He picks up on the third ring. "Hey, Joe, what's up?" I smile as I hear his voice on the other end. "Well..." I hesitate a little before continuing, "I've been thinking about this a lot recently. Should I propose to J soon? We've been together for pretty long already, and I'm pretty sure she's tired of waiting." There's a pause on the other end, before Nick says thoughtfully, "Yeah, I think it's about time." I nod in agreement, laughing softly when I realise he can't see me. "When are you gonna do it?" Nick asks. "Since the 6 of us are going out tomorrow, I was thinking I could do it then, maybe we could go to the park after we got the rings. I've been looking at wedding rings online for some time and I think I know which one I want to get her." Nick laughs, "Since when were you the prepared one?" "Since... always" I reply sarcastically. We talk for a while more, then add Kevin and Dani to the call. Leia's comes to sit next to Nick, but she hasn't heard about the proposal plan yet since she was busy.

"What's up?" Kevin asks as soon as he's able to see us on screen, with Dani next to him on the sofa. "We're getting matching rings tomorrow, do you wanna come?" Nick asks them. "And I'm proposing..." I start to say, but I'm interrupted by Dani screaming and throwing her arms around Kevin, who looks equally shocked. I look over at the other side of the screen to see Nick laughing his head off as he stares at Leia jumping up from the sofa and screaming. He pulls her down to sit on the sofa by her waist as she stares at me open-mouthed through the screen. Then she turns to Nick. "YOU KNEW?" Nick smiles slyly as he nods. "He told me today, like, 10 minutes ago." 

I smile to myself as I watch the 2 couples embrace, feeling excited and nervous for the big day tomorrow. 

The next day 

My alarm goes off at 8 a.m. sharp, and I groan and roll over to make it stop. J's still fast asleep next to me, and I stumble out of bed to the bathroom to wash up. Once I'm done, I go downstairs, and start preparing breakfast- something I'm not used to. Usually, J and I make breakfast together in the kitchen, but this time, I have no idea what to do without her by my side. After at least half an hour of pouring over the recipe, I come up with something that resembles waffles- I hope. The plan is to make her breakfast in bed, then surprise her by telling her that we're going to get matching rings with the rest of the Jonas family.