wedding

a/n

this is the last part of the book!! i hope you guys like it! also, sorry for so many POV changes in this chapter but i couldn't think of a better way to write it.

enjoy

Leia's pov

"What do you mean? You have to!" I exclaim, but nick shakes his head firmly. "Leia, I can't. You don't understand how much he hates me. He's tolerating me, but for J's sake." My heart breaks at his words. I have nothing to say, so I don't say a word. We sit in silence, but as Nick stands up to go to the bathroom, I call after him "then can you do it for J, too?" He turns around, his eyes searching my face. He opens his mouth but no words come out, and then he leaves.

four months later

J's pov

It's been four months since Joe and I told our closest friends and siblings that we wanted them to be our bridesmaids and best men. Since then, the planning has taken off, and we're only 5 days away from the big day. There were definitely hiccups in our planning, and we ended up inviting a professional wedding planner to help us out. Thank God we did, I don't know what we'd do without that extra help. Because we've been so busy planning, joe and I hardly get the chance to go out with friends or even video call them because we get so caught up in planning. It's not as bad as it seems, though. Being with Joe makes me so happy, and his presence comforts me more than anything else ever has. These past few months have really helped me confirm that he's the one I want to spend the rest of my life with.

-

"J, are we getting these tablecloths? Or these?" Joe shows me his screen and I look at our options. "The plain blue one, or maybe the checkered one? But definitely not the floral design." I shudder. I'd gotten my fair share of floral designs over the last few months, thankfully, our event planner stepped in before we went overboard with wedding designs. Joe chuckles. "Okay, no flowers. Let's go with the plain blue one, then." He suggests, and I nod in agreement. "Can you believe we'll be husband and wife in five days?" I ask him, hardly believing the words coming out of my own mouth. Joe stops what he's doing and gazes at me, shaking his head slightly. "Not at all. I can't believe it; but I'm so excited." I giggle. "Yeah, it's gonna be perfect. I'm so excited to see my bridesmaids in their dresses. And I'm sure your best men are gonna look amazing too." I say. Joe becomes quiet, and I look over at him. "What's wrong?" I ask, but he just shakes his head and smiles. "Nothing, J." I drop the subject. 

Leia's pov

This is it. It's the big day. I'm beyond excited for J and Joe, they've been madly in love for as long as I can remember.

Nick and I haven't brought up the topic of him being joe's best man since the day Joe asked him to, but I think things will go smoothly today. Nick already collected his outfit that all the best men are wearing, so there's no backing out now.  I'm hoping for the best.

"How do I look?" I do a little spin for Nick, admiring my baby blue dress that all the bridesmaids were wearing. Nick looks me up and down and I giggle. " You look amazing, babe." He kisses me gently on the cheek. "You look handsome too!" I say as I admire his suit and tie. He laughs lightly, facing the mirror. There's something slightly off, he's acting so casual and calm which is the complete opposite of me; I'm a mess of emotions and the wedding hasn't even started. I'd have thought  that he'd be excited for his brother, though they were fighting. I put the thought out of my mind when Nick announces that he's going to go start the car. I finish the final touches for my make up and walk out of the house a couple minutes later.

"Leia" Nick says, tapping  his fingers on the steering wheel as we wait for the traffic light to turn green. "Hmm?" I look up from texting J, who's excitedly screaming over text about how ready she is for her big day. "We should stop and get donuts." I look up the window just in time to see Nick turn the corner to Dunkin Donuts. I look at him in surprise. This wasn't part of the plan. "Uhh, why? I'm sure they have plenty of food." I ask, extremely confused. "Yeah, well, J's favourite dessert is donuts." He replies.