planning

a/n 

i didn't think this would be happening in this book, but i figured you guys deserve it, so here it is- wedding planning. vote & comment please! btw, we are almost at 10k reads on deep love part one! share the story please!! 💓 thanks so much, stay safe! ily

enjoy 

J's pov 

I wake up to Joe's head on my chest. "Good morning" I mumble sleepily. He gazes up at me, and I giggle. "Let's go get breakfast" He suggests, and I nod. 

As we walk down to the breakfast place, Joe takes my hand and sighs. "I don't want to stress you out, J." I look at him in confusion. "Why would I be stressed out?"  I question. "Wedding planning" He replies quietly. 

It's true. I've been avoiding talking about our wedding because the thought of planning starts to stress me out; it never really occured to me how many things we had to decide and plan ourselves- from the location, the outfits, and every single little detail down to what center piece we wanted for the tables. 

But we had to start soon. "We can start planning" I answer, and Joe raises an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're okay with that? We don't have to rush into this." I smile. "I think we should start planning. The sooner the better. Besides, I have you by my side." I wink and Joe chuckles. "Okay then, let's start when we get home."   

We say our goodbyes to Kevin, Dani, Nick and Leia after a big breakfast. Nearly an hour of driving later, Joe and I are back home. "Finally!" I sigh as I throw down my bags and lie down on the couch. Joe laughs, shaking his head in amusement and goes to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee. We had a long day ahead. 

"Okay, so the bridesmaids are gonna be wearing baby blue dresses, right?" Joe confirms, and I nod sleepily as I fight back a yawn. It's lunchtime, and we're already tired. So far, the only thing we've decided is the color scheme of the wedding. We were going back and forth between traditional white and darker blue, so we came to an agreement on baby blue. 

"Let's go out for lunch and then come back and continue planning." Joe suggests, standing up from where we'd both been sitting on the couch for what seemed like hours. We end up going for chinese food at Panda Express. I'm about to take a sip of my drink when my phone vibrates inside my pocket, and I see Leia's number on my screen. I smile as I accept the call. "How's the planning going?" She asks. 

I look up at Joe, who laughs and comes around the table to say hi to Leia over the phone. "It's... going." I tell her. "It's more stressful than I thought." I admit after we both laugh. "Joe and I have been planning since this morning and the only thing we've confirmed is the color theme!" I groan. Leia gives me a sympathetic look, but she has a far-away look in her eyes. "What?" I ask her. 

"Nothing, just thinking about what it'd be like to marry Nick. And the wedding and all that." She says. I grin as Joe laughs a little. "The color scheme is gonna be grey when that happens." He jokes, and Leia and I both roll our eyes.

"Well I gotta go, have fun planning!"Leia says, and just then, the buzzer for our food rings. I hand my phone to Joe and go to collect the food. As I'm walking back with the tray in hand, I watch as he laughs. The way his eyes light up, the way the corners of his mouth turn up slightly before he breaks into a grin. 

My heart beats a little faster as I'm reminded of the fact that I'm getting married to him. He's the man of my dreams. 

two weeks later 

"Babe, I think we need to make a list of all our guests, bridesmaids and groomsmen." I tell Joe. It's been a week since we started planning, and we're taking it slowly. We don't want to rush into planning the most important day of our lives.