interview

a/n

wow!! thank you @perry1244444! i woke up to 40 over notifications today, thank you for voting on all the chapters in this book. it means a lot to me : ) 

on another note, sorry everyone for the slow updates, i'm having a lot of technical issues. it's really frustrating, but i finally have a chapter up. 

enjoy 

J's pov 

Joe whistles and looks me up and down, making me blush. We're both decked out in fancy outfits- I'm in a pink dress that's tight at the top but flowy at the bottom. Joe has on a pink suit and looks extra spiffy with his tie. We're led to a small waiting room, where we get to see Nick, Leia, Danielle and Kevin's outfits. Nick and Leia have a blue theme, Joe and I have a pink theme and Dani and Kev have a green theme outfit- wise. We're chatting when the door opens and a crew member comes hurrying in. "You're up now, guys!" He smiles, opening the huge door for us. The sound of cheering and applause is deafening and I feel my heart beat faster. I'm not one to get stage fright, but I couldn't deny the nervous feeling I had in the bottom of my stomach. 

All six of us walk towards the table where Jimmy is seated at. He stands up to greet us and as the ear-splitting cheers and applause continues, he grins and invites us to sit. "It's great to have you guys here!" He says as the crowd quietens down. "How is everything?" He asks, and I notice Joe and Kevin glance at Nick. Of course. I knew that Nick was the ringleader of the group, in a way. He might be the youngest but he was in charge. He tried to let his brothers take the lead sometimes, but I could tell he got frustrated when they goofed off or didn't follow things according to the plan. It was just his personality- he was the more serious and quiet one in comparison to Joe and Nick. 

There was absolutely nothing wrong with that, and due to his personality, Joe and Kevin had taken a step back since young, when the band first formed. Nick was usually the one answering on behalf of the group and his older brothers let him take the reigns. However, I had a slight feeling that this wasn't good for them. They probably wanted to take charge too, but they didn't want to do it Nick's way. 

As Nick talks about more generic things and makes casual talk with Jimmy about how much we'd enjoyed the amenities, I glance at Joe, who gives me a small smile. It's hard to tell what he's feeling but I decide not to prompt him about it after the show. I knew he was drained and making an effort as it was. It'd just make him more irritated and tired if I pushed him about what he thought about Nick taking control and all that. "I understand that you guys recently decided to take your solo paths?" Jimmy asks, bringing me back to reality. Nick takes a deep breath as if he's about to answer, but Jimmy must realise that Joe and Kevin haven't said much this whole time, so he continues, "Joe, what are your plans after this?" 

"Well, I'm not too sure at this point in time. I think right now I just want to spend some time with Jess-" He pauses to glance at me and the crowd goes wild. "As many of you know, we got engaged." I grin as Jimmy nods along and claps. "So, wedding planning, maybe? And possibly in the future, some solo music projects. But as of right now, I'm not too sure." 

"Yes, that's great. It's always good to take your time. And I'm sure that Jess is a very lucky lady." Jimmy replies, his eyes twinkling as he looks at me. I laugh and nod. "Yeah, I'm definitely really lucky to have these guys." I say, but I already know it's a half-truth. 

The conversation continues until it ends up going from our love lives back to the breakup. "It must have been painful, right? Who initiated it, Kevin?" Jimmy asks, and I wince at the double-blow question. I feel bad for Kevin, but he seems to take it well and he even smiles a little as he answers. "Painful for sure! There were... creative differences, and the band wasn't getting anywhere with our music and we weren't even getting along. But I never expected us to take a break, I thought that we'd just work it out along the way, you know? And as for who initiated it, Nick did."