8: No Room For Errors

Start from the beginning

Her chapped lips were a thin line and there was no emotion on her pale features.

She hadn't slept the night before due to obvious reasons. She didn't even eat breakfast this morning.

Never in her 16 years has she ever thought she'd be in this predicament. She was beyond terrified of her best friend and her unstable lover.

Though, she's had trouble figuring out who was crazier between the two.

When Perrie doesn't answer, Jade's soft expression turns hard and icy and she slowly stands up from Leigh's lap.

The blonde nearly flinched at the sudden mood change. The younger Geordie stared up at the other fearfully; her body started to shake.

Now, to anyone else, the girl is the opposite of scary. Most would say she was adorable, but after what Perrie had endured, she knows just how deceiving looks can really be.

"Ease up, Jade. She's been through a lot and she's obviously a mess," Jesy stands up to block her girlfriend's view of the girl.

Jade squints at her, nostrils flaring, "She be'er get herself together before we go back to school. She'd raise suspicions."

"She can blame it on Andre," the eldest offers, earning a dark chuckle.

"That would've been a good idea... if they actually knew each other. Everyone knows Gray didn't associate himself with year tens. On top of that, everyone knows you two are together and he hates you."

"He was nice to Pez before they started dating," Leigh-Anne points out. "My point is Andre wasn't after they started da'in'. He despises Jesy and even dislikes me because I'm rela'ed to 'er. Are you sure he didn't just let 'er borrow a bloody pencil or somefin'?"

"Wait, but he didn't seem to hate you when you told me about when you showed up at his flat."

"I was his best friend's ex. He had more tolerance for me... especially since he knew," Jade's eyes started to darken in anger, but Leigh was quick to soothe her.

"It's okay. Both of them are gone now."

"Anyway," Jade says, looking at her cousin. "The point is Andre hated you and her just because she's your girlfriend. If she walked in like that and claimed she's mourning, people would get suspicious and then we're all lookin' at a hefty jail sentence. Each."

Jesy's shoulders fall as she sighs, realizing her mad-hatter, Hannibal Lecter of a relative was right.

The deceased boy never favored her. In fact, Jesy bullied him back when they were still in the UK and continued here until last year. Andre held grudges with a vice grip and wouldn't let go until he's dead.

Haha.

"Exactly. So, suck it the fuck up, Edwards," Jade finalizes harshly with her arms over her chest. If her plan to be the youngest serial killer alive were to work, she has no room for error. Including the blonde's sensitivity.

She hoped she made the right decision in pulling the two into this.

———

Jesy

When we returned to school on Monday, the whole place was littered with news vans, cops, and worried faces.

Guess Leigh's prediction was wrong.

Perrie trekked beside me, her clammy hand in mine with the same demeanor she's sported the remainder of the weekend.

Her eyes didn't look as alive and her hair hasn't been brushed as of lately. Her skin looked pale and she hasn't uttered a word since Jade told her to control her sensitivity, to put it nicely.