Chapter 13 - And the world goes up in smoke and flames

 I woke up to a short sharp ring of the bell, for today there wasn’t a challenge, so no trying to figure out what we were going to do today, we all knew what we were doing today.

I groaned and got out of bed, waking up a reluctant Leah and Lissa as I went. We all quickly got dressed and made our way down to the canteen to have breakfast and find out exactly what we were meant to be doing.

When we got to the canteen, we found that all our shopping bags had been placed onto L-shaped tables. And the tables seemed to be put together in clusters of three.

We had our breakfast and then went off to choose our tables, considering we all had the same things in our shopping bags, it wouldn’t matter where we went.

I stood behind the desk trying to get Zach’s attention because he and his friends had just come into the canteen. I was waving my arms around wildly because he didn’t seem to see me; he just kept looking around and then went to get breakfast. I huffed and turned around to see Liss and Leah laughing at me again. There’s something that tells me this may become a daily occurrence. Them laughing at me I mean. Oh well. It entertains them. I just sat down and stared at them laughing for awhile. There laughs were funny and were making me laugh. Especially when Leah snorted slightly.

I jumped when I felt arms wrap around my waist.

“I saw you waving at me.” He whispered in my ear, laughing lightly. I turned around in his arms to see it was Sam, and he was winking at Lissa over my shoulder. I shoved him away and playfully pushed him in Lissa’s direction. Either I pushed him harder than I thought or he was acting and stumbled into Lissa who steadied him whilst blushing. He moved a stray strand of her bright red hair behind her ear and it was so cute! She just blushed harder and looked away.

I was interrupted from staring at them, by another pair of arms going around my waist. God what is it with people hugging me today?! I thought as a pair of warm, soft lips brushed my ear.

“Like Sam said, I saw you waving at me.” He said huskily in my ear in a possessive tone. “Eager to be with me?” He teased, his lips brushing my ear and making me shiver. I turned and saw it was Zach. He continued to hold me close as I half-heartedly glared at him. I was distracted by the feel of his abs against me and his massive, muscled arms around me.

We were startled out of our little world by a sharp coughing. Drawing everyone’s attention. Because in the time that Sam and Zach came over to our cooking stations, everyone else followed and were now all stood in pairs behind their station.

“Right, so if you each put on an apron in front of you. I will start with the specifics of this cooking challenge.” The Trunch called out and then waited for us to do as she said.

“So, today as you know, we are going to be cooking. You will be cooking a main meal for yourselves and two other people. So a meal for four people.” She explained. “You don’t have to use all the ingredients in your shopping bags, but you can only use the ingredients in your bags, apart from dairy products, so eggs, cream, milk, etcetera. The contest will be judged by Officer Goole.” Officer Goole then stepped forward, and it turned out he was the small, quite round man that explained our icy obstacle course challenge.