Chapter 15 - Brits v. Americans

Chapter 15 – Brits v. Americans

“So when do you guys find out about your reward?” Rayne asked me and Zach.

“Oh, Judge Goole made some weird reference to us getting it in the post?” I said looking puzzled.

Zach and I looked at each other, how strange, what did they mean the post? Is this going to be like Hogworts where Hedwig will come swooping down onto our breakfast table and tell us what to do or something?! After thinking that I heard a bird hoot, which sent a shiver down my spine. That was just a coincidence right?!

"Lila, are you alright?” Zach asked tentatively, stooped down peering at me, so we were the same height and he was at my eye level, so he had to bend down quite a bit.

Out of nowhere someone shouted, “Look out!” but the warning was too late, for I had already been hit by something and had face planted into well, Zach’s face. Thankfully Zach had managed to steady me a bit, so we didn't actually smack faces, he has lightening quick reflexes, just like everyone else here it seems! Totally unfair! Our lips met in a brief, hard flutter of a kiss as we tried to control our shock. I couldn’t believe it, I was kissing Zach! As soon as that thought entered my head I pulled back blushing, as people around us including Sam and Liss wolf whistled.

I turned around to glare at what had hit me, only to realise that it was a rugby ball. I then looked in the direction of where the ball had come from to see a group of boys who were playing, you guessed it, rugby.

The boy whom I presumed called out the warning came running over, laughing lightly, “Sorry.” He said, “I didn’t see you there until it was too late.”

Embarrassment and anger were coursing through me, I mean, I had basically thrown myself at Zach, ok with a little help, but I didn’t pull out of the kiss! Wait a minute, neither did he. He was probably too shocked, I mean, that’s obviously the reason why I didn’t pull out of the kiss, I mean, what other reason could there be?

Am I convincing you more than I’m convincing myself? Because you might as well set my pants on fire, because I’m a big fat liar. I like Zach, ok? I admit it, but he won’t like me back, not in a million years. I’m just a small teenage girl with too frizzy, too curly hair that her own mother couldn’t even bring herself to love.

The earthquake brought me out of my thoughts. I screeched then realised it wasn’t an earthquake at all, this caused me to blush profusely. No, not an earthquake, instead I was just being carried towards the rugby field on someone’s back. Wait, what??! Why do I keep spacing out? I mean... Ok, stop it Dae, pay attention you’re spacing out... AGAIN!

I started to struggle, kicking the person whose back I was on, “PUT ME DOWN WHOEVER YOU ARE?! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO REMOVE ME FROM THE GROUND!! I HAPPEN TO LIKE THE GROUND VERY MUCH THANK YOU! SO PUT ME D-“

I was cut off mid rant as the person who was carrying me fell over from laughing so much. Great. This again.

I landed on top of the still laughing form and realised that it was Zach.