Chapter 5 - First Day... Rude Awakening.

Chapter 5 – First Day... Rude Awakening.

Ok. We have just arrived at the canteen, heads still ringing, awaiting our fates. You may be wondering what on earth we’re doing here, well so am I.

I’ll tell you all I know. The day started at 9.00am sharp with an ear-splitting horn sounding in our room and every cabin room I guess. We hadn’t noticed it with all our pillow fighting and gossiping last night. We had known each other for just over 12 hours, but it was already like we’ve known each other all our lives. Except, there is this one thing they got a bit uneasy about. We were talking about dream guys and I obviously listed the normal things: tall; handsome; nice eyes; six pack... yummy...

Anyway, I then thought wouldn’t it be cool if werewolves, vampires etc were real. They all seem so cool and loving in books, I’d want that. My father and his whore of a wife, my step-mum, they aren’t really in love, but are just using each other. He is delusional and thinks he loves her, but he obviously doesn’t, or he wouldn't be having affairs all the time, when he finally comes home that is. And she wouldn’t also be having affairs and wouldn’t be with him just because of his money.

Anyway, like I said, because I know what true love isn’t like, I’d like to know what it is like. In all the books, it seems so... wonderful, to have someone care about you, be faithful because they literally couldn’t and wouldn’t want to have an affair. Sigh. I guess not everything can be like in books, unfortunately. And anyway, even if vampires and werewolves and other creatures existed, why would they choose to love me anyway. But, when I brought this new topic up with my new friends, they just looked at each other weirdly, nodded and changed the subject. I let it drop; I guess not everyone feels the same as me about love, devotion etc. and werewolves.

Anyway... again. I keep rambling. I do that a lot, like I’ve said. We were woken up by a loud, screeching noise. Which caused me to fall out of my bed from shock. It then stopped and then a voice came on the loud speaker.

“Good morning, rise and shine.” The Trench said cheerfully, cliché I know; you could tell she was enjoying this, “Every morning this sound will wake you all up at 9.00am sharp. To turn off the noise, you need to find a red button, you can’t really miss it. To find the button, I suggest working with your roommates to try to find it together; that’s right folks, training starts today! Yay! Each day, the button will be put somewhere different, to make it harder and will also possibly be a clue to what you are doing each day. Enjoy!”

As soon as she finished speaking, the noise came on again. Great. Leah, Lissa and I looked at each other and then Leah surprisingly took the reins. “Lissa, you check the bathroom. Dae, you look in the kitchen. I’ll take the living room. Ok?” She established, then looked at us to see if we agreed; when we nodded she rushed out of the room. We quickly followed.

I ran down the hall, into the living room and then to the kitchen. I searched everywhere I could think of. In the drawers, in the cooker, under the skin, in the cupboards. But I couldn’t see that damn red button anywhere. And this noise was starting to bring on a head ache, so I knew that I needed to find it fast. “Christ. Where else can it be?!” I thought aloud. I turned around only to notice another little hallway, I hadn’t seen because I was so distracted. I looked; it turned out to be a utility room, containing a freezer, washer and tumble drier. I looked in each, one by one, scanning all the compartments before moving on.