Chapter 5

What bothered me the most about what had just happened with Corey was the fact I enjoyed it. The feeling of my lips touching his, the way he was so relaxed with the idea of me kissing him.There was no hesitation in his return, every movement was sure, like he had wanted it just as long as I have. No amount of whiskey could hide or take away the way he tasted. It was driving me insane because even though I know the truth now I still found myself craving him. 

I groaned deeply as I got up from my spot on the floor to go lock the door and I texted Miranda telling her her that it was alright to come back now.

When she returned she scanned the living room with a puzzled expression, "Where's Corey?"

"I made him leave." I say simply.

"What, why?!"

"Because I was right."

"Right about wha... wait oh. No way, you can't be serious. It was him?"

"Yeah, he even owned up to it."

"How did you figure that out?"

I bit my lip and muttered, "I kind of kissed him."

"How do you kind of kiss someone?"

I huffed out a breath quickly, "Okay we made out for a minute."

"Really, how was it?" She asked excitedly.

"Miranda you're missing the point, it doesn't matter whether or not he's a good kisser. He basically assaulted me when I was still a minor."

"Did he say why?"

"He said that he was drunk when it happened and he was too ashamed to own up to it, but what I hate the most is the fact he pretty much lied about it."

She frowned slightly before pulling me into a hug, "I'm sorry Ash. I know how much he means to you whether you want to own up to it or not. He should have never have done that to you."

I returned the embrace tightly and murmured, "I just hate that I had to hurt him even more than he already was. I don't know what I was thinking."

"You can always fix it tomorrow. You both just need to cool off and not to mention sober up."

I agreed, feeling embarrassed by this whole thing and was basically sent to bed. 

"I know what Ashley's dreams are going to be about tonight!" Miranda called after me in a sing-song voice.

I turned my head back in her direction to give her a roll of my eyes. She was right though, I dreamt of just how far I wanted that kiss to go.

***

The next day trying to track down Corey was like trying to play CSI. Right when I was about to give up Anthony finally returned my call from an hour ago.

Before I could get a word out of my mouth he demanded, "What the fuck did you do to Corey?"

"Why, what's wrong with him?"

"He came to my place at like three in the morning saying something about fucking up with Sarah and then you. So what happened?"

"Um, can I talk to him?"

"Only if you want to come over and wake his ass up, that's the only way you're going to get him to talk to anyone."

I sighed heavily, "Fine, I'll be there in fifteen minutes."

I hung up to get ready to head out the door as fast as I could. I was glad that I found a way to skirt around answering Anthony's questions. Knowing my brother though he would find a way to bring it up again. Ugh what a conversation that would be. Oh by the way I made out with your best friend, hope that doesn't bother you. Yeah that wouldn't go over smoothly.

I got in my car trying to think of what I was going to say to Corey. I racked my brain for something, but came up empty. When I pulled into the driveway something else caught my attention, Sarah's car.  I parked and stepped out right when she approached my car.

She smiled despite the confusion that was obvious on her face. "Hey Ash, you're usually not around this part of town, what's got you out here?"

"Anthony said there was something wrong with Corey, so I came to check on him." I lied easily.

"Oh that." She laughed nervously before continuing, "Last night he proposed to me and I freaked out for some stupid reason, but I'm here to fix things now."

"What do you mean?"

"I accidentally said no, but I'm here to tell him that I had made a mistake and I want to accept if he'll still have me."

I felt like I was choking from her words, she was going to marry Corey. Is this really happening? Thankfully before I spoke Anthony stepped outside.

"Sarah he's in the living room, Ashley I need to talk to you for a second." He tells us and pulls me aside, "So Corey told me what you did."

Oh shit. "What are you talking about?" 

"Ashley don't bullshit me, I know you kissed him. What the hell were you thinking? Did you think that just because he was fighting with his girlfriend that you could do something like that?"

Despite my brother's lecturing voice buzzing my ears, all I could really focus on was what was going on in the living room window. I watched Sarah gently shake Corey's sleeping frame and when his eyes finally opened he looked surprised. Even though I couldn't hear their words it wasn't hard to guess what they were talking about. When he leaned up to throw his arms around her I felt my eyes begin to water. 

"Ash are you even listening to me?"

A realization hit me and I knew I needed to leave, I need to be anywhere else but here. I shook my head hastily before muttering, "I'm sorry. I need to go. Tell him I'm sorry and that it was a huge mistake."

I rushed to my car, leaving my brother clearly baffled and I sped off with my head spinning with one thought playing over and over in it.

I had accidentally fallen in love with Corey Taylor.

**********************************************************

Duh duh duh!!!! Haha sorry I had to, so Corey is getting married after all, so now what? Hehehe if you only knew ;)