Chapter 25

I realized that I couldn't just sit back and watch what Sarah was doing a moment too late because when I did they were in the middle of setting up Stone Sour's equipment and she had disappeared. With her missing, I decided to go find Corey instead. I ran out to the tour buses since I didn't see him inside the venue, but before I could get in Stone Sour's bus I was stopped by a security guard.

"Miss you need to step back." He commands.

Thankfully Josh happened to be standing around the side of the bus and we saw each other, so he spoke up, "She can go in, she's an old friend of ours."

I smiled at him, "Thanks Josh."

I hurried on the bus to quickly spot Corey leaning against the bathroom doorway, taking a long drag off the cigarette between his lips. His eyes were shut, but his cheeks had tear stains on them.

"Corey?" I called softly and he nearly dropped his smoke from me startling him.

"What are you doing in here?" He asked quickly gaining his composer and wiped his cheeks off.

"I wanted to check on you."

He gave a dry laugh, "Really now? Well I'm fine Ashley, don't worry about it."

"How long has that been happening?"

He took another inhale of his cigarette, probably to postpone answering me and luck seemed to be on his side because there was a hard knock on the door. All he says to me is, "I need to go."

I didn't even have to protest as he brushed past me. Why am I still trying to protect him after all this time? There was obviously no point in doing so. I sighed heavily as I made my way of the bus as well. Right as I stepped back inside Jenny was running over to me with Anthony in tow.

"Hey where did you go a minute ago?" She asked as soon we were face to face.

I decided not to talk about what had just happened, "I needed to use the restroom."

"Oh okay, well we were just talking about going out and getting a drink and a bite to eat after the concert. Do you want to join us?"

I figured that I should at least try to enjoy being able to meet my brother's girlfriend a bit tonight so I agreed, which clearly pleased her to death. So after Stone Sour finished their set Jenny was happily telling us about this place just down the road that had amazing Mexican food. I couldn't fight the urge to send Travis sideways glances every now and then, I wanted to know how long he and Sarah had been so friendly with each other. I began thinking up ways to ask him about it without anyone else outside of our conversation figuring out what we were speaking of. 

Once we reached the restaurant I was pleased that I ended up next to Travis at the large table we got sat at. Once everyone else was focused on chatting about what to get I deemed the moment perfect to bring up my issue.

"So I saw what you did on stage." I remark, not removing my eyes from the menu, but I could see him turn to me.

"Did you like the show then?" He asked happily, clearly not understanding what I was saying.

I tried again, "I did. I do have to ask though, how long have you been flirting with a married woman?"

"What the hell are you talking about?" He hissed, keeping his voice low.

I gave him a sharp look seething, "I saw you kissing on Sarah, you're not that sly."

"It doesn't even concern you, so why do you care?"

"Because you two are hurting someone that I care about dearly and I won't just allow you to get away with it."

"Corey actually doesn't seem to mind." He tells me with a smug grin and right as I was considering smacking him in the face, Kyle notices our conversation becoming heated.

"Everything alright guys?"

"Yeah, we're fine." Travis says anything before I can.

I decided to drop it since he basically gave me a bit more of a clue as to what was going on. He and Sarah were involved after all. I moved my attention to Jenny and Anthony, just to get my mind off of all this drama for a minute. The more Jenny and I got to talking the more of a liking I was taking to her and she appeared to feel the same way. I was grateful that Jenny talked to me the most outside of Anthony, so it made the dinner a bit more bearable while being next to Travis.

Afterwards she was even more bouncy than she was at the concert, "Oh my gosh! You guys need to come out to my parents lake house this summer! You would love it!"

I nodded, "That sounds awesome, Anthony make sure it happens."

He laughed, "Will do ladies."

After the night with Jenny, Anthony, and the rest of Static Flag I crashed out in my hotel room, but my rest only lasted until three in the morning. That's when the yelling woke me.

"How the fuck is this happening?" A female voice shouts.

"I don't know, should we call the cops or something?" A male speaks up.

"Fuck no! It'll only make him worse! We just need to reason with Corey." I then recognized the person talking as Jim.

I suddenly felt a wave of sickness rush through my entire being, what's wrong with Corey now? Casting aside my decisions to avoid him at all costs I yank my jacket over my sleepwear and rush out into the hallway.

"What's going on?" I demanded to the first person I see, which is Josh.

He cast a nervous glance to my brother, who shook his head saying, "Just stay out of this."

"No, what the fuck is happening?"

Before Josh could speak Anthony was rushing him into the elevator, quickly pressing the close doors button after them.

"Dammit!" I shouted and turned to find the other's, but they had all disappeared as well. I rushed down the hall to Sarah's room. I started to wonder why she had gotten one by herself and then I thought about what I saw at the concert, which had my stomach turning. I noticed then that the door was left ajar. "Sarah?"

When I didn't get a response I realized I could hear more screaming again on the next floor. I hurried out of the room to find the door to the stairwell and as soon as I opened it I could hear Sarah's voice.

"How can you be so goddamn selfish? Corey get the fuck down! Don't do this right now! Why can't you listen to me for once? You know what? Go ahead and finish it then!" A moment later I could hear footsteps pounding down the steps towards me.

As soon as she saw me all the color drained from her face, she knew I had heard her. I ran up to her and shoved her into the wall, causing her to fall on her side

I stood over her shouting, "You fucking bitch! I can't believe you would say something like that to your husband!"

"Well he's probably already on the pavement as we speak." She seethed.

I ran past her and up the stairs to see Corey standing on the ledge of this 15 story high hotel.