Chapter 3

Two Years Back:

I was trying to keep my hands from shaking the whole drive to the venue. I hadn't seen Corey in months and to say that I had been missing him was an understatement. I was reeling from excitement and nervousness. Would Corey be as glad as I am about seeing each other again?

The arena sized room was already filled with people screaming at the top of their lungs and I wasted no time finding a security guard so I could get into my spot. When I handed him the backstage pass Corey had given to me for my birthday I noticed the man frown slightly, "Oh another one of these again."

I raised an eyebrow at his words, but before I could speak he was directing me where to go and disappeared after that. I found myself standing right at the edge of the stage, front and center. The giant curtain over the stage suddenly began to lift and the music began to overpower the shrieking fans. Once the red drape was up all nine members were visible and I let out the loudest yell I could shove out of my lungs when I finally caught sight of Corey. As his eyes seemed to scan the edge of the crowd at the foot of the stage I noticed a smile curl his blackened lips when they landed on me. So he knew I was here and it appeared he was glad to see me.   

The intro music died down and the beginning of Diluted started up. The crowd went wild and they were soon chanting back the words to the song. Seeing this band was like a dream come true, not just because of Corey, but I could relate so easily to the lyrics and the music itself always sent excitement through my whole body. It was certainly the energy they gave that I loved best about them. So I gave this my all and by the time they were on their fifth song, Spit It Out, I was starting to sweat.

When the show ended I watched the other people with backstage passes head to the left side of the stage so I followed along. When I showed a security guard my pass he shook his head and right when I was about to get afraid that I wasn't going to be let backstage he guides me to the other side.

"I was told that anyone with a red pass has to go this way and you seem to be the only one." He says as I turn to the group we are leaving behind and I notice they all have blue passes.

"What makes mine different?" I ask as I follow him.

"Not sure, but I have to take you to the stage managers and they'll tell you where to go from there."

He did just that and then suddenly I was being guided into a dressing room by another person. I cleared my throat slightly, "Um, why do I get to be back here?"

"Only people that know the band personally get your sort of pass and since it's red you clearly know Corey."

Before I could respond he left and shut the door behind him. I sighed and sat in the chair in front of the mirror, assuming that I should just wait here. I ended up waiting an hour before I began to wonder what was going on. The place had grown much quieter and it made me a little uneasy. As I swung the chair side to side from boredom the door slowly opens and in walks someone with a black jumpsuit and a mask that I've never seen before.

"Corey?"

The figure before me just shook their head no and I felt a sense of worry creep down my spine.

"Then who are you?"

A vicious grin curled their black painted lips and as I was about to spring out of my seat to run for the door the person raced over to me, pinning me in the chair. Only a cut off scream left my mouth before this masked person slammed their lips to mine, giving me a forced kiss. My stomach rolled in disgust as I fought to shove them away. Their mouth moved sloppily over my own as their sheer weight held me in place. Somehow despite my struggling their right hand slid down my body, stopping where ever they saw fit. Slowly they came to rest their palm in between my legs, gently rubbing.

I wasn't having any of that, so I brought my leg up to knee this person in the crotch. I knew it was a guy as soon as they nearly doubled over and groaned deeply. Seeming to ignore his pain he got to his feet and threw my chair to the ground, but instead of them going after me once more like I feared they sprinted for the door. I rolled out the seat quickly chasing after this guy, but by the time I looked out the door he was already lost in the countless people standing in the hallway. I shut the door swiftly, my hands hurrying for the lock and once I had it in place I sat down with my back against it. There was no way I was going to let anyone in unless I knew it was Corey.

I stayed there for so long that my mind drifted back to that freak that attacked me and suddenly fear overcame me. What if he came after me when I went back to my car? What if he followed me home? I stared down at my hands as they began to shake and tears began to fog my vision. Out of nowhere a knock on the door caused me to let out a terrified scream as I wrapped my hands around the top of my head.

Oh god he's back. I thought. 

"Ashley?" A concerned voice called from the other side. "It's Corey, what's wrong?"

I jumped to my feet, fumbling with the lock and door handle before flinging it open and crashing into Corey. He almost stumbled, but caught himself before moving to shut the door behind him and wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed into his dark blue t-shirt.

He waited until I had calmed down a bit and asked, "Why are you crying? What happened?"

I cleared my throat and explained the masked man that had been in here not to long ago and what he did. Corey's hold on me tightened, like if he didn't keep his grip on me something bad would happen to me.

"I'll take care of it." He tells me and then begins to let go of me.

I dig my fingers into the back of his shirt, my nails sinking in his skin slightly before I lightened up and begged, "Please don't leave me alone."

"Alright." He says as his left hand reaches up to brush my hair from my eyes while his looked so guilty for some reason, "I'm so sorry this had to happen to you."

I gave a small shrug, "Wrong place, wrong time I guess."

"No." He shakes his head fiercely, "Not you, I'm supposed to keep you safe. We made a deal."

Shortly after that Corey gets one of the security guards to talk with me about what happened to see if they can find the guy and the whole time Corey sits with me, comforting me in little ways.This in no way is helping me end the ever growing crush I have on him. I was most surprised when he said that he would come home with me.

"You can't be serious." I say now feeling somewhat better.

He nods, "We had the next two weeks off, I think I'd like to spend some time with you and Anthony. You know, when you're not a nervous wreak."

I make an irritated face at that.

"I'm still so sorry about that."

"It's not your fault." I tell him yet again.

He sighed moving his now dark hair out of his face, "Still..."

"Let's not worry about it. I haven't seen you in months and this isn't how I want to spend time with my friend."

He grinned, "Good point." 

We head for my car and he fills me in on all the cool things he's been up to and I tell him about what little there is to tell him about me, but he still acts so interested anyway even though I know I'm probably boring him. Despite the small, yet insane, mishap this night has been fantastic. I got to see my first Slipknot concert and my best friend is going to be hanging out with me after such a long time of him being gone. It just goes to show that Corey has an act for making everything better for me when he's around. I just wish it could happen more often.