Chapter 27

When Corey flipped on the light I saw that his hotel room was pretty trashed. There were several different bottles of alcohol, all nearly empty. The bedding was on the floor in a pile and one of the chairs were over turned.

He gave me a sheepish look saying, "Sorry about the mess."

"It's fine." I say shutting the door behind me, moving to put the chair upright and took a seat as I removed my jacket. "So, what else do you want to talk about?"

Corey proceeded to pick up the sheets and remade the bed before he even said a word to me. He climbed onto it and patted the empty side murmuring, "Come over here."

Despite my curiosity and slight confusion, I did as he told and got on the opposite side of the bed. Corey stretched out onto his back, folding his arms beneath his head. I sat there watching the mixture of emotions play out over his features as we sat in the silence.

"You know; I haven't told you so much that I don't even know where to begin."

"How about from the beginning then?" I suggest, only being mildly sarcastic.

I was sort of glad when he gave me a rye grin, "Alright, well I think it's time that I be a hundred percent honest with you. I've wanted you from the second I met you."

I rose an eyebrow at him, "Like since I was sixteen?"

He nodded.

"Well that's not creepy at all." I muttered to myself.

"You see the thing is I knew that, so I pushed that idea aside for years. I had a girlfriend and you were a stubborn underage girl. I honestly expected it to go away with time or when I went on tour so I wouldn't be around you. It just never happened that way, but by the time I realized that I had more than a weird little crush on you things were starting to get fucking insane in my life. I knew that I didn't want to bring you into that, you've already had to deal with enough in my opinion. And then you came to see Slipknot for the first time..."

"And that was when you basically attacked me." I say, remembering the event as I did. 

He gave a soft dark laugh, "Yeah, that's true. That had been such a weird day, with way too much booze. We had just gotten the new masks we were going to use for the next album sent to us at the venue and I was being an idiot, running around and scaring everyone I could. I had been rushing past my dressing room when I remembered you should be in there, so I wanted to scare you."

"So giving me the shittiest kiss known to mankind was a part of that?"

He made a face at that rolling on his side, "No, I was just going to trap you in that chair, but when I got to you I just couldn't hold myself back that time. There has always been something so tempting about you being scared of me."

My eyes widened in shock and he laughed at me with a wicked smile. "You're an ass."

"I'm sorry." He tells me still chuckling. "Hm, let's see what else is there..."

I decided to go out on a limb and ask, "So what did you think about the night I actually kissed you?"

"At first I wondered just how drunk I was, until I had gotten my hands on you and then before I even had time to think you were shoving me away while yelling at me."

It was my turn to apologize, "Sorry about that."

"It's alright, if anyone should be apologizing it's me. Especially for the morning I woke you up trying to take your clothes off."

"So that was what you were doing!" I exclaimed.

The grin that had been on his face never faded, it only grew, "I had such horrifically wonderful plans for you."

My jaw dropped at that and he could only chuckle with evil glee, reaching to pull me down to his level. I rested my head on the pillow, glaring at him with a slight smirk. "It's good to see that you're feeling better than you were earlier."

He nodded, "Thank you for that."

I shook my head, "I didn't really have anything to do with it."

I was somewhat startled when he wrapped his arms around me and drew me to his chest murmuring, "Yes, you did."

"If you say so."

He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead whispering, "Stop arguing with me."

"Fine."

We sat in silence for a few minutes until he quietly asked, "So are you ever going to tell me what you really think about me?"

I had to fight my instant urge to tense against him and played dumb, "What do you mean?"

"How do you feel about me?" He questioned leaning back so we were making eye contact.

"I'm not sure I should tell you." I breathe feeling my face flush red.

He seemed to have an idea when he got a playful little grin on his face asking, "Do you like me?"

"Corey, I'm not playing this game." I tell him, getting more embarrassed by the second.

His blueish green eyes were gaining a much darker tint at this point. "Do you still want me?"

I wasn't going to let whatever he was trying to do to continue, so I began to sit up, but he apparently didn't want that to happen. Corey moved over top of me, placing his arms at either side of me.

His mouth was only inches from mine when he said, "I want you to know that I'm actually sober right now. That this is me, wanting you."

I sighed softly, finally accepting my defeat as I moved my hand up to cup his jaw and softly pecked his lips. Right as I went to pull away he followed me, returning the kiss in the same fashion. He then gingerly rested some of his weight onto my body as he slotted his lips with mine and it was nice to actually just taste him without alcohol, on top of that he was a hell of a better kisser. He moved a hand into my hair, holding the back of my head as he softly pulled at my bottom lip with his teeth. I gasped slightly at the sensation. When we finally ran out of breath he gave me one last chaste kiss before moving off of me. 

He let out a yawn, "Will you stay and sleep in here with me please?"

Despite my head spinning from our make out session I nodded and he hurried off the bed to shut off the light before quickly returning to the spot he had just been in. He got on his knees to readjust the covers, lifting my legs and then placing them underneath the sheets before climbing in himself. He placed a tender kiss to the space between my eyebrows, telling me goodnight as he put an arm around my waist and I rested my forehead against his chest. I was amazed that we actually managed to fall asleep like that. 

The next morning, Corey woke me up by tickling me.

"Stop it!" I whined.

"Come on, you sleep too much."

When I opened my eyes I saw that he was already showered and dress for the day. "How long have you been up already?"

He shrugged, "About an hour and a half."

"I just want to lay here though." I complain even though I moved the covers off of me. 

"So I was thinking about something."

I sat up, trying to smooth down my bedhead as best as I could. "What's that?"

"I'm going to get rid of Sarah and get sober so I can finally be better, but I don't want you to see the mess I'm going to have to go through."

"So what are you saying?"

"You might not see me for awhile and I just wanted you to be aware of that."     

I pulled him to me to hug him as I spoke, "Go do whatever you think you need to do to get better Corey. I'll be waiting for you back in Iowa, just like I always have."